You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
(09 Jan 2015, 11:49 pm)Andreos1 wrote When the 96 was removed from the brand it had been in for several years, is it correct that passengers were no longer eligible for the route saver ticket?
If so, their fares went up overnight, with a purple ticket being the only GNE day ticket alternative.

All for the sake of a bus being in a different colour...

(10 Jan 2015, 10:00 am)MurdnunoC wrote Yup. It appears you are correct:

https://web.archive.org/web/201201022011...highwayman (Jan 2nd 2012)

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/highwayman (Now)

Although services 95/96 are no longer held under the "The Highwayman" brand, I don't think there's anything to suggest that this ticket is still not available to buy on-board these buses, even if it is not advertised now.

The services were removed from the "The Highwayman" brand in September 2012, when newer Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles arrived in. The Volvo B10BLEs previously allocated were deployed at various depots, one of which was Deptford, where the green Volvo B10BLEs were often allocated to services 2A/2C and X3.

I have looked through Go North East's website and Social Media pages from August 2012 - October 2012, and I cannot find anything which states that this ticket was no longer provided on services 95/96. Surely at least one customer would have complained during this time period?

I think if we want to know the answer, the best bet is for one of us to ask Customer Services.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0