You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
(11 Jan 2015, 1:22 pm)Drifter60 wrote But if the company isn't promoting these tickets then they might as well be misinforming customers. I've never even heard of a highwayman day saver. 
Living in East Durham, the amount of people who know about the East Durham Day Saver ticket is very few. I've got family who don't drive, friends who do/don't drive and I think only one of them had even heard about the ticket. 
So in that case in my opinion, go north east don't do enough to promote such tickets. It's potentially the same for other operators too. The East Durham ticket is great value which can be used across three Buzzfare zones (Tuqiouse, Green & Red) in Hartlepool, Wingate, Peterlee, Durham, Pittington, Easington, South Hetton, Murton, Seaham & Sunderland, covering all East Durham branded buses and also X35/X7 (Sunderland-Starion Town). But many don't know about it and just opt for a Two Zone Buzzfare, priced at £1.55 more.
No one from Peterlee-Sunderland should ever need the buzzfare system, even if making a connection out of Peterlee (as the only bus that isn't covered by day saver is X9, which isn't a local service). 

Only the website content is incorrect. I'm sure now that they've been contacted about it, it'll sharp be changed. There's a list of route savers in the money saving guide that is produced, but the original query was, that it wasn't clear, whether the the route saver was valid on the two services that were previously Highwayman branded. Can't comment on the East Durham saver, as I don't use any of the routes, but I know the Washington Day Saver tends to be pushed by drivers, over the Purple Buzzfare.

There are a lot of tickets, which I don't think helps matters, but there's also a lot of effort put into publishing details of these tickets. The money saving guide is on the website, and there's also a hard copy of the publication, regularly available on the buses. If someone is asking for, for example, a two zone day ticket, then that's what they'll be issued. If someone asks for a 'day ticket' or a ticket to get them from A to B, then I'm sure that's when ticketing options are discussed.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0