You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion
(11 Jan 2015, 10:04 pm)aureolin wrote I seem to recall it being reduced from 10 to 12 minutes, for the same reason as GNE are doing with the 56. If they had the vehicle resource from the X2 as an interworking pattern, they could probably up it to 10 minutes again, with two an hour continuing to Newcastle as a new X6 service. I'd say it would have to work to allow for X12 passengers to still connect on to it at Durham Bus Station though, with through-fares being available. 

For years it was 15 minutes between Durham and Bishop Auckland then at some point I think it ran to Cockfield every 30 minutes and Ramshaw as the 6A every 30 minutes combined every 15 minutes between Durham and Bishop Auckland. Then I think it became the 6 from Durham to West Auckland every 12 minutes with a revised 50/50A replacing the 6A to Ramshaw.

I think that's right but I may be wrong as Arriva have changed their services in Bishop Auckland quite a few times over the last 10 years so I forget but I don't believe the 6 was ever every 10 minutes.

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0