You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion
(12 Jan 2015, 4:57 pm)mb134 wrote I don't know if I've picked this up correctly, so can someone please correct this if it's wrong Smile
Are most Arriva services going to be under some kind of brand from now on, be it MAX Sapphire or high frequency route branded? It just seems like a large majority of services are seeing upgrades or branding.

It certainly seems like it doesn't it. The North East & Yorkshire operating companies are definitely leading the way at the moment with service delivery & impelmentation of upgrades and everyone else is starting to follow (look how many regions are now using MAX for example!).
Sapphire is a countrywide project by DB to hopefully generate growth on those routes with a big focus on them. Certainly seems to be paying off so far, and it is due to be expanded once again this year.

(12 Jan 2015, 5:19 pm)G-CPTN wrote So what might happen to the 85/685 Newcastle to Carlisle?

I think you will likely see this one go MAX at some point - question of course is what will Stagecoach do as it is jointly operated?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0