You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North East Buses Update: 24/07/13

Site Administrator
RE: North East Buses Update: 24/07/13
(24 Jul 2013, 7:51 pm)gtomlinson wrote Would it be prudent to make the main GNE page Go North East Discussion just to break it up slightly?

I'll get onto that a little later. Does make sense, though I hadn't noticed it myself! Will repeat for all other operators too.

Fleet List update... All vehicles on the Arriva North East fleet list that are under repair (UR), for disposal (D) or reserves ® have been noted under the depot field with the given acronyms.
There will still be a few errors and no doubt updates needed as I did start entering the data for the fleetlists at the start of June IIRC - updated a few I've spotted plus the ones I was PM'd about, but I feel there will still be more! Wink

Also, following on from the suggestion by aureolin in Post #4, we have added the 'Vehicle History' feature to the fleetlists. The coding is in place for all vehicles within the three main fleetlists, but it does obviously take time to get around to inputting the information! Liam has worked hard enough on the coding, so it's my job to enter all the data and whatnot. That said, if any member would like to help out (I imagine examples like "The Orbit" Versas, "Red Arrows" Geminis etc will be pretty easy, while "Northern" branded vehicles may take a while), feel free to get in touch.
For a working example of this, see Go North East's 8319.

It would be nice to implement a 'Status' field too, but I don't know if it would actually fit into the database table or not. Like I said to Michael, we really are pushed for space and any more narrowing down of the field width and most items will end up going onto two lines rather than the current one (providing you have an average sized computer screen with appropriate resolution, of course!) May differ when viewing on other devices or smaller screens. We already do have 'Withdrawn' (shown in depot column) and we can assume the vehicle is 'In Service' if it doesn't have anything else in it. Would be nice to implement ANE's 'UR' (Under Repair) too, to show that a vehicle is off-road for a long period of time. I mean, it's not as if we struggle for news at various depots to know these things, is it? A few members (myself included) perform several visits per week! Wink
What will happen when a vehicle is sold, I do not know. It would be nice to keep it on the fleetlist, but I really don't know how it would work.

Finally, Metro fleetlist. All data gathered, we're just waiting on Liam to finish coding the admin section before I can add/edit/delete records. Should be all of a ten minute job (90 records... easy!) when we have the admin section complete. We currently have four (Unit Number, Name, Livery and Status) fields - does anyone know of any additional fields we may need? Whether the train has been refurbished or not will come under status I believe, 'In Service - Refurbished' etc. You'll also be able to notice it in the Livery column as it will be a different livery to the standard one used on the non-refurbished Metrocars.

Stay tuned, more updates coming soon. Smile
I'll avoid consuming this thread with my own posts from now!