You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015
(31 Jan 2015, 11:58 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Trust me - if it's one thing the Streetlites can manage it's hills (if they can manage Lythe Bank, Saltburn Bank and Loftus Bank then they can manage any). Also, the rumour is the 75/76 is going MAX using 3 of 1404-7, plus 1493 might be returning home to Stockton as it hasn't been fitted with the Next Stop system (of course, if it comes back to Stockton - it will likely get fitted with it anyway for 15s).

I think Streetlites are quite deceptive, but it will ultimately depend on how they're set up.

I've not used Arriva's Streetlite Micro-Hybrids on the Sapphire services down on Teesside yet, but I did ride one of Go North East's normal Streetlites when it was on loan to Stanley Depot to test suitability on the Lime 8 / 78 routes. Aside from the A19 stretch (which isn't too steep a gradient in itself), the Streetlite coped alright on the entire 8 route (Stanley - Sunderland). If Streetlites have been ordered for the Lime, it's a good job that service 8 no longer uses said A19 stretch!

Imagine the banks you refer to are a lot steeper than any of the banks on the route of the Lime, though.

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015