You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015
(01 Feb 2015, 12:10 am)Dan wrote I think Streetlites are quite deceptive, but it will ultimately depend on how they're set up.

I've not used Arriva's Streetlite Micro-Hybrids on the Sapphire services down on Teesside yet, but I did ride one of Go North East's normal Streetlites when it was on loan to Stanley Depot to test suitability on the Lime 8 / 78 routes. Aside from the A19 stretch (which isn't too steep a gradient in itself), the Streetlite coped alright on the entire 8 route (Stanley - Sunderland). If Streetlites have been ordered for the Lime, it's a good job that service 8 no longer uses said A19 stretch!

Imagine the banks you refer to are a lot steeper than any of the banks on the route of the Lime, though.

Very - all 3 are 1 in 4 gradients. Plus Loftus Bank is after a decent down from Carlin How (down Carlin How Bank - also a steep bank). They also have to contend with Ormesby Bank and they manage that at 30mph fine. Stockton and Redcar's have also all recently had their gearboxes re-mapped.

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015