You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015
(01 Feb 2015, 12:12 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Unfortunately, it goes further than that............

Of course, Darlington could go and get 2852-61 and move them allowing Blyth to go and collect 1760/7/91 and Stockton to collect their Solos...........

BUT Stockton and the Solos becomes the key issues - very few drivers at Stockton have ever driven Solos so before they can even enter service, the entire driving staff at Stockton will have to be type trained on the Solos. In fact, might end up with Stockton's Solos moving over in ones and twos to get the drivers trained prior to entering service (either than or borrowing 2827 or 2828 from Whitby to train the drivers would be the other option)

I'm afraid I still don't see the issue?

We have established that arranging for drivers to come in on a Rest Day to transfer vehicles should not be an issue - after all, it's easy work, and as such, easy money! This begs the question why only two Solos have transferred to Darlington from Jesmond, and why these vehicles are yet to enter service?

In my eyes, there should be no issue in transferring all of the Solos from Jesmond to Darlington. In turn, there shouldn't be any issues in transferring Darlington's 1760/7/91 to Blyth or Darlington's 2803/4/5/7/8/26/9 to Stockton. For Stockton staff (both drivers and engineering) to receive familiarisation with the Optare Solo, they need to have some Solos at the depot. Stockton needn't withdraw or transfer any of their vehicles until all staff have been type-trained...

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015