You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015
(02 Feb 2015, 2:20 pm)Dan wrote Actually, we do!

Deptford-based former "SimpliCity" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8320 (NK11 FXC) has arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint. I'm fairly sure that it will come out in a fresh coat of purple paint, but whether Versas 8306 - 8309 and 8319 - 8327 gain "SimpliCity" branding again is another matter and possibly one to speculate on. Is "SimpliCity" an appropriate brand name for services 2/2A or could services 2/2A be receiving another brand name instead? Let's hope they don't carry a coat of purple paint for 12 months without being branded!

Riverside currently has one less spare bus than they'd usually have. They are to receive a Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicle from Washington, though it is currently VOR itself or is covering for other examples which are VOR at Washington.

It's also worth noting that Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4907, which was recently involved in an incident at Washington, has entered service again at Chester-le-Street. It is on "Lime" services 8/78 today.
Still got a feeling that the Versas are a Temporary Allocation to the 2/2A, But if they are Permanent then I hope 8320 comes out the paint shop in a different colour as I dont think "SimpliCity" suits the 2/2A, Would be better suited to the 33/33A/38 and 39.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015