You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015

(02 Feb 2015, 7:43 pm)Jimmi wrote I would like to see Arriva promote the X2 more as I think there could be potential to increase the numbers if more people are made aware of it's existence as some people have been stood in say Chester and jumped on an X2 on the basis that it goes to Newcastle that weren't aware of its existence.

I'd like to see a MAX launch somewhere local to the X2 route as a Stockton launch is hardly going to draw attention to people in Durham, Chester, Birtley etc. If it is possible I think Durham Cathedral would be a good place to do a launch as it would be local to the X2 and also the X12.

I think the MAX branding will seriously improve the X2 for some reason.

I reckon passengers being able to identify the route of Durham to Newcastle (pretty important link to be honest) under the MAX brand, and not just the generic Arriva fleet livery, will be a huge boost to it. Also, all the features of MAX, must also add a bit of novelty to the service with commuters; and also possibly teens - they'll want a bus with Wi-Fi, although the 21 does already provide this.

I'm looking forward to seeing it when the brand is launched officially, and not just a couple of Pulsars running around in the base livery.

I agree with your point, Jimmi. I would like to go to the MAX launch, but I wouldn't travel to Stockton for it. Durham Cathedral (the lighting provided there would be ideal) would be a great location, I couldn't think of one to surpass this.

I would think Chester-le-Street Market would be another good location - but with Arriva having such a small presence here I doubt that would be worth it...