You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015
(04 Feb 2015, 8:21 pm)mb134 wrote I've been using the X21 frequently this past week and I noticed a few things:
  • All journeys did have passengers, however only the peak time runs were full, most had a maximum of about 30 on. (From what I saw). So loads at peak times would be spread, helping reliability. 
  • The timetable seems quite tight, and if there is a large amount of people from upstairs getting off over a few stops, it puts the bus back a few minutes.
  • When the bus was late, it seemed like the driver really had to push to get back on time.
So I think they could be better off doing this:
32x Volvo B8RLE single deckers, increasing the frequency of both services to every 10 minutes, so there is a combined frequency of every 5. At peak times, this would mean buses were less cramped, and more convenient 
These would, I think, be better suited to the route, as they allow for quick entry/exit, have a more powerful engine and you would have buses that are actually pretty full, all of the time.

The current Enviro 400's could then be used to upgrade another route, or provide additional spares.

Thoughts?

Running 32 vehicles would almost certainly put the services at a complete financial loss.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015