You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015

(07 Feb 2015, 8:22 pm)Dan wrote Think the reason in bold is the main reason for Blyth's allocations going wrong! Even at noon on a Saturday, there seemed to be some dreadful delays to services into and out of Blyth. They only had two spare buses (1402 and a MAX Gemini) and the latter was sat spare and ended up replacing a Volvo Hybrid on the 308 eventually.

I think there was two Pulsars on the Quorum Express alongside 7607 (in corporate livery - but the old Quorum Express branding on the windows was still visible) while Quorum Commander 1402 had been allocated to the 1 and a Quorum Gemini on the 308. There was a Volvo Hybrid and MAX Gemini on the Quorum Express today too.

Great that most services leave Blyth on-time, but that does nothing for the customers in Newcastle who are hit with a delay or those who are travelling into Blyth. Nor does it do anything for those on the X10/X11 who end up without their bus with leather seats and Wi-Fi..!

I say quite a variety of things on the 55 service while in Newcastle. Not sure if this is a Blyth route?

Saw a Solo, a couple of Pulsars and I think there was an ALX400, but it was leaving Haymarket when we were entering. Could have been on the 45, I really don't know.