You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015
(07 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote I just can't understand why Arriva can't allocate the correct vehicles most of the time. Is it because:

- Some routes aren't timed correctly?
- Are suitable vehicles not being purchased for the according routes?
- Are Arriva not investing in replacing worn and torn vehicles (i.e 7501-7513 ex7510) on premium services that are constantly breaking down?
- Or can they simply not be bothered?

As I've stated before,

If a (branded) vehicle has been ordered by the depot to stay on a local route, it will be on a route that operates close to the depot, in case the problem re-occurs.

Also, they can't magic a branded bus out of nowhere. I'd like to see you working at Arriva as a supervisor, you would see how hard it is to allocate a certain bus to a certain route. Sometimes, it's simply impossible.

Also, Arriva can't keep investing into routes that have already been invested in, I remember you suggesting that the X10/X11 should be upgraded to Sapphire in 2016. 

Also, to get this off my chest, why do you keep going on about power, engines and all that rubbish. I never seem to see a post from you actually saying something good about buses. Simply, I feel like throwing my iPad out the window, every time I see a post about bloody power. 

(Mod: you may delete or edit this post)

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015