You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

(14 Feb 2015, 11:10 pm)Racer_Experience wrote does anyone think Stagecoach Gold should be introduced to North East i can name one route that will need it and thats X34 or possible others like 1/10/11/12/39/40

I think it's more of a long-distance service brand, and I'm not sure any of the services Stagecoach operate in the north east are suited to it.

For example, the 300 over in Cumbria is Whitehaven-Maryport or something, and the total journey time from A to B is about 2 hours.

I'm sure I may have asked this question before, and the response I got was - there are no services in the north east that really justify such an investment. I can't imagine Gold hitting the streets of Newcastle, to be honest. And I'm not a Stagecoach expert at all.

A majority of the services in the north east provided by Stagecoach seem to be cross-city, etc, and I'm not really sure the Gold brand is right for any of them.

If Stagecoach introduced a Newcastle-Sunderland service, which would face immediate threat from the Fab56 or Fasts Cats X36 provided by Go North East (and thus be shot down like the OK1 was in competition with Arriva's X1 'The Best One'), I could imagine such a service being a Gold service. But like I say; the chances of that are rather slim.