You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015
(16 Feb 2015, 10:14 am)Tommy_1581 wrote I wouldn't want to be going up Curly Kews on a double decker!  :s
It was removed at Bedlington Red Lion, we had got on at Bedlington Station Coop as it was the 2A (served Rothesay Terrace instead of Stead Lane. Wink  It's replacement was an MPD Sad 

Quick query, Tommy- You're frequently in the Ashington area, if I've understood correctly, I know it's a long shot but do you know if 7518 is out today? 
(16 Feb 2015, 10:28 am)Dan wrote Exactly. I think, as enthusiasts, it's easy for us to assume that 'normal' customers cannot differentiate between different types of buses.

In reality, customers are able to differentiate between different types of buses owing to a number of reasons. We've established issues relating to branding, vehicle size and seating layout. As customers can differentiate between different vehicle types, they have become accustomed to assuming which service is approaching the bus stop when the destination display is not even legible. There are clear downsides to this, as we have established, and it's the reason why (to bring this back to the start of the debate):
I think passengers need to learn however to be less reliant on vehicle and actually look at the destination, because it can also cause delays. 

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015