You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015
(22 Feb 2015, 10:05 pm)mb134 wrote Which do you prefer to drive, if you dont mind me asking? 

Good to hear that the DLA's are still pretty reliable/can be relied on, haven't been on one for ages!

Aye I saw in your original post that 7521 went, so was just a bit confused as to why they decided to send MAX and Sapphire vehicles, although your second point probably answers that Smile

I have to say I'm a fan of the DLA's, tons of power despite their age - and they're still immaculate inside! The VLWs were beautiful to drive too, but they do seem to be rather fragile. Either that or Jesmond can't look after them! They seem to do ok with 7445/6 mind so maybe give them a few months, especially as they've been thoroughly tested on the X93 for the best part of a year.

I'd have just said that's typical of Ashington's allocation, sending one of each. Having said that they did ok today - although I did see a few wrong allocations, but no more than Blyth or Jesmond had.

The X1 Streetlites are in build now, if not already completed (I know one was seen completed in Northern Ireland the other day, photo as Dan says in the Arriva 2015 order thread). The Sapphire E400s I have a feeling will be due soon, on the end of Yorkshire's order which is being delivered at the moment.

Some of the Scanias at Darlington have working announcements already I believe. Unsure whether that's just on the X66 or the X26 also.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015