You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015
(26 Feb 2015, 3:46 pm)John_R wrote I think the revision of the 3 in Mowden will improve the service, and should benefit Hummersknott School. The new loop will mean that some passengers will continue to have a bus service should the 16 be withdrawn. Although I would still expect the Mowden moaners to complain to The Northern Echo.

It's interesting that there're combining services 2 & 11 given the reason that they were split in 2008 was due to congestion, but hopefully the new junction at Stonebridge has eased problems. I doubt many use the service in High Grange on 19, as many people in High Grange walk to get on the 1/X1 currently.

Yeah I think the new route through Mowden is a good idea and will be good that it is serving more of Mowden especially as the funding for the 16/16A is expected to end at the end of June. I'm sure there will be moaning to the Northern Echo if the service is withdrawn like you say.

I imagine few passengers board the 19 round High Grange, few passengers used to get on the 16 when it went round there. It looks like it will run straight down to West Park from Rotary Way, Argos. Could they even have just stopped on Alverton Drive and U-turn at the roundabout which is what Scarlet Band do on the 16A to pick up the school kids.

Can't help but feel it may have been less confusing to keep the numbers 14/14A/14B instead of 3/3A/3B, lost count of how many times Fitzwilliam Drive has had service changes over the last few years.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015