You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(02 Mar 2015, 10:55 pm)G-CPTN wrote ISTR that Wifi and sockets were promised for X84/X85, yet my recent journeys have been without either.

Am I mis-remembering?

Edited to add:- http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1247&pid=12546#pid12546

and my journeys were weekday journeys.
Just Wi-Fi for the Tynedalexpress.

Sundays still see the allocation of an MPD - the 74A is secured by Nexus and Go North East's tender was based on an MPD being allocated. An MPD has a greater fuel economy than a Scania, especially given that 5229 - 5233 are set up for long distance services. If GNE were to allocate a Scania, they could well be out of pocket depending on their current tender and the associated margins. When the tender comes up for renewal, I would anticipate that Go North East would bid using their data for a Scania rather than an MPD.

There is one spare Scania at Hexham (5229 in red), which is also fitted with Wi-Fi, but if this bus is unavailable and a branded vehicle is also off the road, the weekday journey which is allocated a yellow "Tynedale Links" branded bus will go without Wi-Fi.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015