You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(07 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm)Jimmi wrote I have no idea but it often ends up running late at points of the day when I've tried to get the X2 to Newcastle and the X12 from the likes of Sedgefield. Could be anything, although often when I've used the X2/X12 and it has been late it has been a VDL DB300 Gemini turn up and they seem not very fast on some of the more rural sections of the route especially towards Sedgefield.

I imagine the refurbishment to MAX isn't helping as people will be seeing different coloured buses turning up to usual and some people are getting confused, especially on the X2 with people confusing it with a Go North East bus.

People who use it are getting fed up. I work with a good few that use it to Teesside, and they're coming into work really early, because they can't rely on the X12 after a certain time. I've found the same, and that if I aim to get into Durham after half 7, I'll not get there for when I want to be. On top of that, you're packed on like sardines at peak times, all because a depot can't accommodate deckers... fancy that eh...  Rolleyes

Now I know they can't help congestion around Church Street and Low Fell, but it's all about having a realistic and achievable timetable. I'd suggest the X12/X2 hasn't, as this has been going on for at least the 2 years I've witnessed the problem. Of course, there seems to be a reluctance to chuck an extra bus in to add more layover time, because the would impact on the profit of the service.

Can't help but think that GNE are missing a trick here mind....
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015