You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2015
(07 Mar 2015, 10:47 pm)aureolin wrote I wouldn't think the Geminis being limited to 50mph would create a massive problem? I can only think of one part of the route that it could legally exceed 50 anyway? Between Pity Me and Chester. Stockton is just as bad as Durham imo, and I can only put it down to lack of running time in the timetable.

Look at Durham Bus Station to the Science Site for example. 8 minutes, and 10 minutes during peak times. That's navigating the busy North Road roundabout, getting through the Millburngate roundabout lights (which will cost you a few minutes if caught). After then, you have the potential of a further 4 or 5 sets of lights, not to mention the usual Elvet/Church Street congestion, due to it being tight and a single lane. Then you've got stops to take account of... It's a miracle if you can do that in 8 or 10 mins. In my own experience, it takes about 15 mins or 20 at peak times. The timetable also allows 8 minutes from Durham Science Site, to the Bowburn Hare & Greyhounds, both normally and at peak times. Google quotes that as 7 minutes by car, and lets face it, you're not stopping to pick up and drop people off in a car.

The peak time workings are rarely as late as you say they are by the time they reach Stockton - I've seen them all week and the Stockton-worked duplicate normally gets a few minutes layover at the Royal Oak.

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2015