You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2015
(07 Mar 2015, 11:05 pm)aureolin wrote The diversion isn't *that* much of an issue though. It's a couple of minutes, along a route with zero congestion. You'd expect there to be room in a timetable to accommodate that couple of minutes, otherwise how would you expect the timetable to cope with anything other than a skeleton traffic flow?

I'd ask how long a driver change should realistically take? Again, should be accounted for in a realistic timetable. Mind you, it doesn't help when the bus is still standing there with it's ignition off, minutes after it should have departed, with a driver nowhere in sight. Too much of a common sight when it comes to Durham changeovers. 

Stopping between Durham and Coxhoe is practically every stop, but that extends to the 56/57/57A too. I sound like a broken record, but a realistic timetable should account for this. It also indicates that the demand is a lot higher than the supply. 

I'd say a driver change realistically shouldn't take any more than 2-3 minutes.
I'd argue some of the issue lies in adding extra stops willy nilly without giving us any extra time. All stops from Coxhoe to Pity Me now, that's not an express... The local services (56/57's) job is to serve all stops

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2015