You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(12 Mar 2015, 7:37 pm)upt50k wrote i think the right turn out of Willow Rd onto West Auckland Rd will not be easy.The bigger bus should stop the complaints  about the driver's who use it as staff transport and their behavior.Arriva only took on the 19 to save moey by doing away with the dedicated staff buggy.Lets hope it is not the easy option to cancel if there are problems with timekeeping on the 1 and 5 if these are to be coupled together

Yeah looking on Google Maps that may be challenging as it doesn't seem to be the easiest junction to get out of, although EcoCity's have to do it on a Sunday.

Hope it doesn't affect the reliability on the 5/5A as they are bad enough keeping to time as it is, I think part of the problems on the 5/5A are down to some of the roads between Bishop Auckland and Newton Aycliffe Blue Bridge - the one I was on to Darlington this morning had to drop off passengers outside Pease Way, Doctors Surgery in the middle of the road because of cars parked outside including a delivery van in the bus stop this of course meant the bus was stopped on the wrong side of the road with cars coming in the opposite direction getting stuck. Also often the stop on Shafto Way just after Tesco every time it stops there is a car parked opposite the stop and when the bus is trying to pick up passengers car users always come up behind and start blarring the horn at the bus because they can't get past.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015