You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(15 Mar 2015, 10:54 am)mb134 wrote I think you do need a hierarchy of services, now especially, because you can't justify WiFi, power sockets, NSA's etc. on every service. WiFi I suppose is a given pretty much, but some council funded routes definitely don't deserve it.

The cost of having everything on every bus and to refurbish every vehicle to the same standard, would be extortionate. 

If you look at MAX and Sapphire, they are extremely similar, the only real difference is the lack of power and next stop announcements (on some), which you could probably live without. The difference then to the normal specification again isn't huge, no headrests and that's about it isn't it? So for all there is a much needed ranking the overall product between Sapphire and MAX, then between MAX and standard isn't huge.

I see that all new buses are getting WiFi and leather seats - basically MAX - but why are routes being branded MAX, when the likes of the 35 get green StreetLites with the same "added extras".

If Arriva promise power and WiFi on my bus, and it's not provided, I'll certainly be getting my "no quibble money back guarantee".

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015