You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(16 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm)leestransportphotos wrote I seriously can't believe Streetlites are being used on the X66! It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Don't GNE realise that during the school holidays those buses are going to be like sardines in a tin

Since the removal of the articulated Mercedes Citaros on the "Citylink" 58 service back in circa November 2013, Saturdays have seen the allocation of one Optare Versa V1170 vehicle, in Go North East's corporate livery, when the PVR is 5 opposed to 4 as it is on weekdays. Go North East has therefore trialled the suitability of single deckers on the X66 route for the past 16 months.

In August; Go North East trialled a demonstrator Euro 6 Mercedes Citaro 0350N, which was based at Riverside Depot for one week. Following this trial, Deptford-based "Drifter" branded Wright Streetlite DF/Wright Streetlite Max 5375 (NL63 XBF) was loaned to Riverside Depot for one week, for further single decker trials on service X66. These trials were successful, and allowed Go North East to conclude that it would be appropriate to allocate single deckers to service X66.

The Streetlites allow for 45 passengers to be seated, with a further 21 standees. During the day, these vehicles should cope fine. At peak times, I sense a further vehicle may have to be brought in (perhaps coming off a 64/95/96 etc?) to cope with the increased loadings.

Trust me, Go North East senior management is well aware of how many passengers their services carry. Wink 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015