You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(17 Mar 2015, 9:30 pm)mb134 wrote Aye, I know the benefits of e-leather are more beneficial to the operators (for cleaning etc, as you've said), but I just think that the fabric feels nicer, and it looks like you, and others, will feel the same.

I think, once e-leather becomes standard (and it seems most operators are making it so now), fabric appearing on buses may become the "luxurious" option again.

Ironically, given that today's posts in this thread have mostly been about the X66 service, I used Arriva's X66 service from Darlington to Teesside last weekend. I've already explained in the Arriva section about comments from older customers on-board regarding the green colourscheme and the blue seats not working at all, but prior to boarding, a young woman was talking to (who I assume to be) her son. The young lad had seen the "free Wi-Fi" vinyls on the side of the bus and pointed it out, and the young woman was quick to respond by saying that "these MAX buses have leather seats though, and they're slippy so you nearly fall off when the bus goes round the corner". Personally haven't experienced that myself - but shows that e-leather is a love it / hate it thing.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015