You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

FAO: Admin...Dealing with bitching and fighting

Marxista Fozzski
Re: FAO: Admin...Dealing with bitching and fighting
The just of it was a couple of ideas to curb bitching and fighting and deletion policy

The original suggestion was along the lines of setting up a board specifically for arguments, I have been on lots of boards and even admin'd a few and most sites I have been on had what we called Fight Club or Bitches Corner, so that when threads degenerated, they would be moved to the fight club and we would always have a stern disclaimer on saying if offended, don't come on that board. I would do this in the past for one reason, too much censorship looks dictatorial...

Now to resolve issues, it should either be done between

1.each other via PM
2.if still not reselved a third party steps in to mediate a way out of arguments, either another member
3. If still not resolved Admin steps in regardless of
4. If it got this far, then a 3 strike policy should be implemented

1st Warning and one week moderation
2nd two week ban
3rd indefinite ban

I have only brought this up, as I have seen people dig at each other here, its not nice, its not right and it makes the whole site degenerate when boards turn to handbags.

I have faith in you guys as an admin team, I trust you will make the right decisions for the right reasons, youve done it long enough now.

You have something good here, this is the only place I have ever found dedicated to this specific topic.

Anyway, there u go pal, just a thought and trying to do my bit for the good of the site

Once again sorry for earlier confusion Big Grin

Re: FAO: Admin...Dealing with bitching and fighting