You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(22 Mar 2015, 1:38 pm)tyresmoke wrote I think a large part of it will be to cover the current driver shortage across all depots. Nobody has enough drivers and that's not just GNE, Arriva and Stagecoach have the same problem, as do many independents.

I guess driving buses just isn't a career path being pushed to younger people, these days, which explains why drivers are leaving but there isn't a great deal of new recruits.

Go North East has completely modernised its recruitment process recently, with periodical events planned at the Metrocentre and Stadium of Light (at the very least) again in future. The new process should appeal a lot more to younger people - and it really shows what the company is all about. There are many advantages to working for a bus company, some of which potential applicants won't be aware of prior to applying, and these are really being promoted at the moment. Go North East also wishes to attract more females to the company, and we've seen this being pushed recently too.

I'm sure we can speculate on possible plans for network expansion until we're blue in the face. No doubt Malarkey will give us some suggestions in the relevant thread. Wink 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015