You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(22 Mar 2015, 8:53 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Today I actually asked one of the drivers I know from Washington depot about the 82 hoo-har and he said that the service was losing money hands down before the changes and still is. Also he said that he has had no problem driving a Solar around Birtley on it before, in fact he said the first bus to do that run (test run) was a Scania Solar! Also the 82 route WILL be changing next month.... No investment is planned though as it is not classed as an 'important' route

The services which were revised in January/February 2015 should be on a six-month probationary period before any further changes are made. It tends to take about six months for all potential customers to be fully aware of where a new bus service goes, which is why this time frame is used.

Service 82 will not be changing next month. A VOSA registration for changes has not been sent in yet, and these have to be sent in with a minimum of 56 days notice prior to the planned service revisions. There are a couple of exceptions to this, but I don't think "our service is running at a loss" (which I doubt in the first place?) would be one of them.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015