You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(26 Mar 2015, 9:01 pm)mb134 wrote Another thing that I've noticed that Ashington's Sapphire service lacks, compared to others (from what I know) is that they lack the "Sapphire" stickers on the driver's doors, again I know it's quite picky, but it is another inconsistency.

Additionally, I was on 7515 the other day and it still retains it's old "Welcome Aboard" sticker, not the MAX ones that most other MAX buses I've seen (again, not Ashington) have. It seems as though Ashington just don't do anything properly...

I think all other Sapphire and MAX services I have been on (minus recent referbs such as X12 Pulsars and Geminis which aren't branded yet) have the stickers on the drivers cab door, Darlington's Omnicitys briefly didn't carry the MAX stickers on the cab door with some carrying the Welcome / Hello stickers but now have the MAX stickers.

Ashington's Sapphire / MAX operation is frankly embarrassing, non spec buses appearing on these routes regularly and various other things.

Darlington could do with been looked at too as yesterday it was reported a Solo, 1307 and MAX spare were out on the X26/X27 recently, although some of the Omnicitys keep going away for new engines I think or something like that.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015