You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(31 Mar 2015, 5:27 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote They're making a right cock-up with this mind, orange destys and white destys.

It probably won't have full rear destys or white side ones either.

Let's not jump to conclusions... Although it's quite unlikely (given Arriva's reputation with inconsistencies), they may swap the amber LEDs out of the Puslars and order a new set of white for each of the Pulsars allocated to the 6 and 7 services.

I'd put money on it being amber side/rear displays. It's been suggested previously that it would make the vehicles non-compliant because you cannot have white light on the rear, but as operators up and down the country are using white LED displays all around and Hanover are selling them, I think it's probably related to cost...

(31 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I was told that it was either full rear destinations or white ones.

October 2014 the destination update... still haven't fixed the rear destinations.

It's quite poor that the switch settings for the rear destination displays are still set incorrectly. They've gone to the additional cost of ordering full sized rear displays, but haven't actually configured them so that they're set to be full sized rear displays. I've heard one or two stories about it, but the most logical is that the Next Stop Announcements have messed up the configuration of the profile. They're still flashing regularly too, which is linked.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015