You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(31 Mar 2015, 6:24 pm)aureolin wrote I think it was tyresmoke that said in the past that the NSA volume can be controlled from the cab. It's a recipe for disaster from the start. I think the ones that display "Arriva, Go On, Get On", are similar to when some of GNE's just display "# Service - aaaa to bbbb", but I could be wrong! No idea what causes that though?

I'd imagine the screens are under warranty for at least the first 12 months, so I'm surprised those ones haven't been replaced, if they've been like that since not long after entering service?

The 1/5/5A Pulsars display "Arriva, Go on, get on" between announcements but when they are on a route that doesn't have the route programmed in it just displays "Arriva, Go On, Get On"

When the Sapphire 7 Pulsars end up off route it just displays Sapphire on the screen.

The two Pulsars on the 7 with the display too far to the right were fine when they entered service but within a month or so two ended up like this and are still like this a year later.

No idea what is wrong with the NSA's screens on the 1/5/5A, some will be the drivers turning the volume down but some of the screens are just black with a little white box. Some only display "Arriva, Go On, Get On" even when they are on the 5/5A.

The NSA seem to be hooked to the screens (or something similar) as randomly the announcements on the morning 7 journeys up to Framwellgate Moor didn't have announcements, the screen just flicks between advertising features - WiFi, charging points, dedicated drivers.

Also the MAX Omnicitys at Darlington now have NSA's but they don't work on the X66, just shows "Arriva, Go on, get on"

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015