You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(04 Apr 2015, 12:48 pm)aureolin wrote It's a bit like the 'Coast & Country' debate yesterday. Discussing why 'Coast' was in the name of a brand that doesn't serve the coast was considered as over thinking and a lot of fuss, yet that wasn't the case when me and others were slating the decision not to refurbish the green flooring on the Arriva Omnicity MAX refurbs. 

As it turned out, someone posted about the impracticality of doing so (the way it's laid + cost involved), which is good input into a debate. At the same time, I've no doubt in the coming weeks we'll find out why that brand has been named as such. We just don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but it doesn't mean we should avoid constructive debate on here. If you make a point, provide your argument behind it, then I can't see the problem. Nowt irritates me more than people posting that something is 'shocking' or 'rubbish', but then not providing anything to say why they think that.

I'd like to think that this applied to all operators, and not just Arriva and Metro, as often the case seems to be.

Can't stand it when people just go on random rants about how crap Arriva or any other operator any time there bus is a few minutes late. If you are going to complain about any operator on here it should be constructive criticism as I feel there should be a reason behind your argument such as the MAX Omnicitys not having a full refurbishment quality valid argument would be "I don't like the colour scheme it just doesn't look right" that is fine in my opinion whereas "Stupid penny pinching Arriva you are crap" is not constructive criticism in my mind.

People always find excuses for Go North East not putting buses with enhanced features such as WiFi but everytime a non MAX bus turns up on a service even when people have no idea as to why the allocation has happened it ends up becoming another Anti Arriva argument. Sorry to say this but it's true and some wonder why gtom was so vocal when it came to the allocations on the 21.

I think some of us need to rethink the way some of us think and some opinions need to be balanced and I think we have to try and stop taking one operators side, although that is difficult at times when if like me you can only realistically use one operator as the others don't operate in your area.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015