Menu

mb134   04 Apr 2015, 6:29 pm
Tommy-

Although I still have experienced lateness on the X21 since the changes, I feel that the changes have made an impact, I do feel that instead of adding in time in the section from Newbiggin to Ashington, the service should be given 2 minutes at Bedlington instead of just treating it as a normal stop, quite a few people get on here, and it will allow time to be made up.

I think the problems you see on a Sunday are both down to the high passenger numbers (in my experiences), and the interworking of the X21 with the ridiculously tightly timed 35. 

I'm also not saying it was fine for your mam to be standing waiting for 40 minutes either, and I think you should be writing to Arriva about this, but sometimes these things cannot be helped, what if the vehicle had broken down, or there could have been a potentially harmful fault with the vehicle whereby if it continued in service it may have been a lot worse than having to wait 20 extra minutes (As bad as that sounds).  

Also, this isn't meant as an "attack" or anything like that, just it does seem Arriva are trying to sort out some punctuality issues. (This also doesn't mean my opinions on some things have changed, I still think they need to respray 7525 for example as at the minute it's showing the company in an unprofessional light)