Menu

MrFozz   07 Apr 2015, 9:29 am
(01 Apr 2015, 8:11 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Found this quote hilarious in Railways Illustrated...

''How depressing is it that Porterbrook seriously thinks Pacers are worth investing in after 2020? They will be 35 years old by then, and there's only so many times you can patch them up. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig!''

Don't know how/why I found it so funny! [emoji14]
Pacers are horrible trains...

You cant polish a turd...If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd, it is most definately a turd, lol...

The day for Pacers to go cannot come soon enough in my opinion, the amount of bad backs I have had bouncing about on them is unbelievable

(05 Apr 2015, 8:10 am)8222 wrote I see Northern are running special services from Newcastle to St. Peters for the match.
Does anyone know the times of these services? Is anyone going to go and take a pic?

It reminds me of were doing work on the main station and I got a 158 (back in the day of Transpennine to Sunderland!) to St Peters and a Stagecoach bus into town. Quite a nice treat to get off at there.

Hasn't Northern done that a few times now on Derby Days...

I also remember the TP to Sunderland days, and a couple of times come up from Liverpool and Manchester and having to get off at St Peters would have been back around 2001 or 2002