You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(11 Apr 2015, 4:45 pm)RM2186 wrote But we live in a blame culture these days. In my very long experience involved in the commercial world and with the public more so, there is a tendency not to listen to reason or the truth. This is less so with those people intelligent enough to take on board the information provided. People like to pick a fight and argue just because they want to.

We live in a blame culture because customers feel that expectation never seems to match reality. We can be blinded with as many surveys as Passenger Focus want to throw at us, but the truth of the matter is that the majority of commuters face delays with their services. Whether that be traffic, bus break downs, horses, cyclists or whatever else. It's irrelevant to a customer. These companies seldom give their customers the reason or truth anyway, so they don't have the opportunity to take it on board. I've taken a look at the last handful of responses I've had from two different companies, and guess what? They're almost identical.

As I touched upon in my previous post, the customers relationship is with the operator/TOC. If they're having problems both inside or outside their control, then that's the operator/TOC's problem to resolve, and their customers pay them a lot of money do so. If I had a problem with my broadband, do you think I'd give a stuff whether it's an issue within Openreach's infrastructure or not? Nope. My complaint would be with my service provider, who I pay (and fully expect) to provide me with a service.

It's funny really, because this discussion started from Malarkey stating that he had seen three X1s together. There's absolutely no doubt that it happened (regardless of reason), and that's exactly what the customer sees. 
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook