You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(11 Apr 2015, 4:22 pm)Jimmi wrote Anyone know the height of the 57 reg Enviro 400's as I don't think they'd fit under Priestgate in Darlington, also do you think it's fair for the passengers on the 7 to get these old sheds in place of modern stock especially with the awful piles of garbage that came before the Pulsars. Also the Enviro 400's are no longer going on the 6 and will now be allocated to service 24 which runs on a half hourly frequency so the passenger numbers would sharp drop if those old heaps end up breaking down on there all the time.

I know the 57 reg heaps are terrible but it seems like they will be used on the X21/X22 for the foreseeable future much to your dismay.

They are 14ft 6ins, which I doubt would be considered by Arriva an ideal allocation for the 7.

Also, why would Arriva pay however many millions on these 5 E400s for the 7 and 2 for the 24 (now) and instead give them to Ashington, who's present standing in the North East Sapphire table I understand is terrible?

There's also the fact that since last year, Thorntons have branded all new Sapphire vehicles might explain why 7536/40 are at Ashington.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015