You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(11 Apr 2015, 8:47 pm)tyresmoke wrote Unfortunately I don't but I think it will be interesting to see how the X15 and X18 do in the summer season, with a more visible brand and upgraded vehicles. X18 is likely to be more seasonal than the X15 though I would have thought? The X14 would be more commuter based than touristy, though I know Rothbury does pull in some tourists just not to the same numbers as the Northumberland coast.

Can't help but feel there needs to be more working with other operators to promote connections like Spirit Buses do at Alnwick & Rothbury... even with trains at Alnmouth...

Aye, I think it'll be better if they get the NSA's sorted by then as well, you need to put a word in Wink 

I think even if they put timetables in each others vehicles it would be a start, and maybe a joint ANE/Spirit ticket? 

From my journeys there was a small tourist presence however this was in the winter on a Sunday afternoon, so it's still pretty good. Craster and Seahouses seemed to get a good amount of passengers, then after Alnwick there was always a good load

I'd like to see B8RLE's replace the Omnicities in a couple of years time, or more new Enviro's if the X15 grows. All my journeys on the X18 down were handled very well by the various vehicles I had (7513/7/20/30(?)/31(?)/32) - oh and 4653

I must ask, however, are the headrests in 7529-33 the intended MAX colour, as they look a lot better in my opinion?

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015