Japan’s Osaka River turned into a giant sushi-train for one mouthwatering day

http://www.lostateminor.com/2016/04/14/j...ering-day/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
biglugs@yahoo.com   10 May 2016, 2:33 pm
On 5304 roite x35

Best bus ever
James101   16 May 2016, 10:20 am
[Image: 80245b64465147bbacb4510e97557667.jpg]

Been a good few years since I was issued with a ticked that looked like this! NXWM keeping it old skool,had to drop my fare into an exact fare box too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   16 May 2016, 11:02 am
(16 May 2016, 10:20 am)James101 wrote [Image: 80245b64465147bbacb4510e97557667.jpg]

Been a good few years since I was issued with a ticked that looked like this! NXWM keeping it old skool,had to drop my fare into an exact fare box too!

Oh, I remember those boxes!

Fine when your fare was a quid. A bit rubbish when it's £7!
James101   16 May 2016, 11:14 am
(16 May 2016, 11:02 am)BusLoverMum wrote Oh, I remember those boxes!

Fine when your fare was a quid. A bit rubbish when it's £7!

I was a bit perplexed for a moment as I had holding a £5 (fare enough for a £4 fare?). Had to tip my wallet out for every scrap of change I had. Think I had about £3.96 but the driver took pity issued the ticket anyway. Also looked lost when the ticket printed out of a box mounted about shoulder height on the cab wall!
BusLoverMum   16 May 2016, 2:51 pm
(16 May 2016, 11:14 am)James101 wrote I was a bit perplexed for a moment as I had holding a £5 (fare enough for a £4 fare?). Had to tip my wallet out for every scrap of change I had. Think I had about £3.96 but the driver took pity issued the ticket anyway. Also looked lost when the ticket printed out of a box mounted about shoulder height on the cab wall!

I have no compunction about handing over a tenner for a £7 fare (driver should be glad it's a tenner, since most of the Lloyds cashpoints dish out mostly twenties), so a fiver for £4 is fair enough, yes!
James101   16 May 2016, 3:19 pm
(16 May 2016, 2:51 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I have no compunction about handing over a tenner for a £7 fare (driver should be glad it's a tenner, since most of the Lloyds cashpoints dish out mostly twenties), so a fiver for £4 is fair enough, yes!

Ooo controversial. Can't tell you how many unwanted packets of polo mints I've bought over the years to get change for the bus. Bring on contactless card payments for buses!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   16 May 2016, 6:53 pm
(16 May 2016, 3:19 pm)James101 wrote Ooo controversial. Can't tell you how many unwanted packets of polo mints I've bought over the years to get change for the bus. Bring on contactless card payments for buses!

I use mobile tickets on my phone when I can and keep it stocked up with the £7 day tickets (same price as a return to Durham from where I live) but I don't like doing that if I'm travelling to certain areas as the mobile reception around parts of Teesside is terrible and drains the battery on my dual SIM phone in no time. And typically, none of the buses I'd catch over that way have charging points.

I am very considerate and do hand over £20.20 when I buy Big'un and myself explorer tickets, which come to £18.20, though Big Grin
S813 FVK   18 May 2016, 8:41 pm
The fact that I never have to do a proper lesson of RE ever again Smile I wouldn't say it was a waste of 5 years but it was definitely boring.
NK53 TKT   18 May 2016, 9:08 pm
(18 May 2016, 8:41 pm)S813 FVK wrote The fact that I never have to do a proper lesson of RE ever again Smile I wouldn't say it was a waste of 5 years but it was definitely boring.

I am VERY jealous because I am in Y7 at a Catholic school so I have much more to come...

Much rather drop PE, art or history though
S813 FVK   18 May 2016, 9:18 pm
(18 May 2016, 9:08 pm)NK53 TKT wrote I am VERY jealous because I am in Y7 at a Catholic school so I have much more to come...

Much rather drop PE, art or history though

Same here. There was no way that i was taking PE - i have biology for learning about the body muscles etc and if i want to know how to play certain sports, my friend Google can tell me the answers.

I'll still need to do a lesson a week of general RE next year as part of going to a Catholic Sixth Form but the main school examined RE is now over and done with.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   18 May 2016, 9:25 pm
(16 May 2016, 6:53 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I use mobile tickets on my phone when I can and keep it stocked up with the £7 day tickets (same price as a return to Durham from where I live) but I don't like doing that if I'm travelling to certain areas as the mobile reception around parts of Teesside is terrible and drains the battery on my dual SIM phone in no time. And typically, none of the buses I'd catch over that way have charging points.

I am very considerate and do hand over £20.20 when I buy Big'un and myself explorer tickets, which come to £18.20, though Big Grin

I always try and hand over the correct change if possible, but if it comes down to it, I'll pay with whatever notes I have on me. Until such time that operators invest in contactless payment, then it's going to have to be a necessary evil.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Rapidsnap   21 May 2016, 12:04 am
Really pleased at how my doodles turned out.

.jpg
Heads.jpg (Size 85.36 KB Downloads 10)

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
NK53 TKT   21 May 2016, 8:34 pm
(18 May 2016, 9:18 pm)S813 FVK wrote Same here. There was no way that i was taking PE - i have biology for learning about the body muscles etc and if i want to know how to play certain sports, my friend Google can tell me the answers.

I'll still need to do a lesson a week of general RE next year as part of going to a Catholic Sixth Form but the main school examined RE is now over and done with.

I go to a Catholic High school and I do:
CAD 1x per fortnight
DT 3x per fortnight
Drama 2x per fortnight
Science 6x per fortnight
History 3x per fortnight
geography 3x per fortnight
RE 4x per fortnight
Music 2x per fortnight
English 6x per fortnight
Maths 6x per fortnight
Spanish 3x per fortnight
French 3x per fortnight
PE 4x per fortnight
Art 2x per fortnight

The life of a Y7 pupil :s 
Add to that 5x Versas and 20x metros Tongue
S813 FVK   21 May 2016, 8:53 pm
(21 May 2016, 8:34 pm)NK53 TKT wrote I go to a Catholic High school and I do:
CAD 1x per fortnight
DT 3x per fortnight
Drama 2x per fortnight
Science 6x per fortnight
History 3x per fortnight
geography 3x per fortnight
RE 4x per fortnight
Music 2x per fortnight
English 6x per fortnight
Maths 6x per fortnight
Spanish 3x per fortnight
French 3x per fortnight
PE 4x per fortnight
Art 2x per fortnight

The life of a Y7 pupil :s 
Add to that 5x Versas and 20x metros Tongue

I'm guessing CAD is similar to IT (i can only relate it to Graphics where CAD means Computer Aided Design)?

My lessons in Year 7 seem to be pretty similar to yours. Using the same timescale, i had:

2x IT, 4x DT, 6x Science, 6x English, 6x Maths, 4x RE, 6x History/Geography (2:4 ratio for half the year before splitting - collectively branded 'Humanities'), 2x Music, 4x PE, 2x Art, 2x Spanish, 2x French.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
northern156   21 May 2016, 9:09 pm
(21 May 2016, 12:04 am)GMitchelhill wrote Really pleased at how my doodles turned out.

Bit late to reply like but you have some skill - really like them! I'd love to be able to just draw like that but stick men is about as far as I can get...

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Jimmi   21 May 2016, 11:44 pm
Technically yesterday now, but... Finally caught one of these in Darlington working a early morning run to Middlesbrough.
[Image: 27062715402_fc1680b043.jpg]TransPennine Express: 185123 by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Also enjoyed riding some Olympain's again.
Michael   25 May 2016, 8:40 pm
My dissertation is officially done, 11166 words and 55 pages later, only took 5 months and loads of work.... Tongue

NO MORE UNIVERSITY WORKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   25 May 2016, 9:31 pm
(25 May 2016, 8:40 pm)Michael wrote My dissertation is officially done, 11166 words and 55 pages later, only took 5 months and loads of work.... Tongue

NO MORE UNIVERSITY WORKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Be nice to put it behind you.

Do you not have a viva to do?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   25 May 2016, 9:44 pm
(25 May 2016, 9:31 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Be nice to put it behind you.

Do you not have a viva to do?

It is, handing the hard copy in tomorrow so it gives me a chance to check through it.

Never heard of a Viva?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   25 May 2016, 11:01 pm
(25 May 2016, 9:44 pm)Michael wrote It is, handing the hard copy in tomorrow so it gives me a chance to check through it.

Never heard of a Viva?

Viva voce.

Fartypants Latin for presentation.
NK53 TKT   26 May 2016, 6:09 am
(21 May 2016, 8:53 pm)S813 FVK wrote
I'm guessing CAD is similar to IT (i can only relate it to Graphics where CAD means Computer Aided Design)?

My lessons in Year 7 seem to be pretty similar to yours. Using the same timescale, i had:

2x IT, 4x DT, 6x Science, 6x English, 6x Maths, 4x RE, 6x History/Geography (2:4 ratio for half the year before splitting - collectively branded 'Humanities'), 2x Music, 4x PE, 2x Art, 2x Spanish, 2x French.

Yes, it is just ICT
Kuyoyo   26 May 2016, 12:40 pm
After working every shift for the last week and a half (Sunday morning being my only day off), I finally get a day off tomorrow Smile Plus it's also pay day Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
James101   27 May 2016, 12:32 pm
[Image: 550ee903ebeeb29d7d6d28a8742f7413.jpg]

I was working this morning in the charming Staffordshire village of Brewood. I found sunshine, blue skies and this rather smart Leyland getting a cuddle from a tree in the high street.

South Tyne Lad   31 May 2016, 10:19 pm
Ive ridden loads of types of buses in 13 Years, Though 2 eluded me which where the Scania L113CRL / Wright Access Ultralow and the Euro 2 Scania L94UB / Wright Access Flioline

DDA has made catching the first one in service now impossible, Though Connexions Buses are not scrapping any of their Fliolines anytime soon, There buying more! ( Second Hand of course )
Me and Jimmi caught Ex First Eastern Counties V587DVF on Service X70 to Wetherby and boy it was worth the 13 year wait, Absouloutly brilliant

With a Scania 9.4L DSC9 Engine coupled to a ZF 4HP-Ecomat with Hold Gears, This bus has a engine twice the size of a E200 or Streetlite and is not restricted in anyway!
Clocked ours doing around 67 MPH on a long straight stretch of Country Roads, With the driver engaging Hold Gears on every gear.

Can definitely say that was one of my best bus rides in years for haulage.
Solars are sluggish compared to these, I really recommend anyone ride them.

Sorry for getting carried away, I was only meant to be writing that It was the first time I caught one!

Now I'm wondering what the L113 would be like, That has a 12.4L Engine! How things have changed.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Tom   31 May 2016, 10:39 pm
(31 May 2016, 10:19 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Ive ridden loads of types of buses in 13 Years, Though 2 eluded me which where the Scania L113CRL / Wright Access Ultralow and the Euro 2 Scania L94UB / Wright Access Flioline

DDA has made catching the first one in service now impossible, Though Connexions Buses are not scrapping any of their Fliolines anytime soon, There buying more! ( Second Hand of course )
Me and Jimmi caught Ex First Eastern Counties V587DVF on Service X70 to Wetherby and boy it was worth the 13 year wait, Absouloutly brilliant

With a Scania 9.4L DSC9 Engine coupled to a ZF 4HP-Ecomat with Hold Gears, This bus has a engine twice the size of a E200 or Streetlite and is not restricted in anyway!
Clocked ours doing around 67 MPH on a long straight stretch of Country Roads, With the driver engaging Hold Gears on every gear.

Sorry for getting carried away, I was only meant to be writing that It was the first time I caught one!

Now I'm wondering what the L113 would be like, That has a 12.4L Engine! How things have changed.

Is that the same type that PCL have (the old Tyne Valley coaches one)? 

Would definitely be interested in having a ride on one if they are that good as I haven't been on them
Jimmi   31 May 2016, 10:46 pm
(31 May 2016, 10:19 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Ive ridden loads of types of buses in 13 Years, Though 2 eluded me which where the Scania L113CRL / Wright Access Ultralow and the Euro 2 Scania L94UB / Wright Access Flioline

Yeah, our plans getting messed up seemed to work out for the better in the end, I quite enjoyed our trip on V587DVF, been wanting to ride one of them for a while and I pleased I put myself back half an hour in Harrogate allowing me (and you) to finally ride one.

Nowt much to say about the Omnicity I got back to Harrogate, got the X70 back as well rather than the 771 as the X70 was there for a while before departing, I didn't really want to risk waiting much longer for the 771.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
South Tyne Lad   31 May 2016, 10:51 pm
(31 May 2016, 10:39 pm)Tom wrote Is that the same type that PCL have (the old Tyne Valley coaches one)? 

Would definitely be interested in having a ride on one if they are that good as I haven't been on them

I'm not sure what type they have, Though I'm guessing it to be a L113.

Really recommend you ride one though, Brilliant buses they are.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad   31 May 2016, 10:53 pm
(31 May 2016, 10:46 pm)Jimmi wrote Yeah, our plans getting messed up seemed to work out for the better in the end, I quite enjoyed our trip on V587DVF, been wanting to ride one of them for a while and I pleased I put myself back half an hour in Harrogate allowing me (and you) to finally ride one.

Nowt much to say about the Omnicity I got back to Harrogate, got the X70 back as well rather than the 771 as the X70 was there for a while before departing, I didn't really want to risk waiting much longer for the 771.

It did yeah, Thinking about it now I think it was good that I missed my 22 so that I could ride it.

A 771 passed me 10 mins after leaving Wetherby heading to Harrogate, So probably arrived 15 Minuets after you left.

Pages (136)    1120 121 122136