You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
RE: School
(16 Mar 2015, 8:16 pm)MrFozz wrote Is Trotsky the one whose name became well known for runny pooh's lmfao
Such a way with words, Fozz! Never fail to make me laugh.
Marxista Fozzski
(17 Mar 2015, 4:05 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Well, for Go-Ahead next Tuesday - SEX ED.

All I can say...ready the bananas! Big Grin Big Grin
My mates wife used to run sex ed sessions in Sure Start Centres and she was telling me they would use dildos...

Be sure to tell us all how it goes Big Grin
(17 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm)MrFozz wrote My mates wife used to run sex ed sessions in Sure Start Centres and she was telling me they would use dildos...

Be sure to tell us all how it goes Big Grin

Well, I won't be able to keep my face straight when the ''instructor'' (hehehe) pulls those out of their bags.  Big Grin
Marxista Fozzski
(17 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Well, I won't be able to keep my face straight when the ''instructor'' (hehehe) pulls those out of their bags.  Big Grin
Is the sex ed teacher a fella???

A man holding a dildo would just look wrong imo Would he pull it out of his ballbag Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Marxista Fozzski
(17 Mar 2015, 6:42 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote With there being 8 tutor groups, and 2 Health & Social teachers (both female)...I imagine one or two male teachers will be recruited.  Big Grin
Would be funny seeing with a bloke with a dildo in his hand...

I am still very childish about sex and stuff, on a youth work course in 2008, one of the parts was sexual awareness and that I ended up crying and thought I was gonna laugh myself to death...
My friend Rhys' LSA has a bit of an attitude...(LSA means something like Learning Support Assistant, as I've said before he's autistic and I try to help him in lessons where I can).

Only lesson him and I share with her is Spanish on a Friday. She seems to be a bit bossy towards him (always shouting at him if he doesn't respond within 5 seconds) and a bit bitchy towards me (always telling me to get on with my own work or ''give him a chance to have his own education'' - don't know what that's supposed to mean!) if I try to make conversation with him.

An example or two from today: he is a couple of minutes late (coming from Art, the other side of the main building) and she asks if anyone knows where he is (whilst the teacher begins to hand out worksheets) - I say where his previous lesson was and I immediately get the snappy response ''Right, is he in today or not?!''. Alright, back off! Do you want my help in locating him or not?!

He eventually turns up after getting caught in a traffic jam (basically got held up in the corridor while trying to move lessons) elsewhere in the main building and the lesson is well underway. Later, when we are working together on the worksheets mentioned previously (having just started them!) - we are up to Question 2 (working in pairs) and I move onto Question 3 (not knowing he is still on Question 2), after translating it I tell him what I'd got in my translation. She immediately asks ''is this for Question 2?'', and I say for the next one, ''right, well as you can see, Rhys is on Question 2, so just give him a chance to catch-up and make sure he gets it all right!''...good grief, just trying to help!

Stuff like that just ruins your day...makes you wonder what the point is in working in pairs and helping each other out? Wonder what would happen if I stood up to her...might get shot for it!
Well, it's Sex Education for Go-Ahead tomorrow (I assume everyone knows what Go-Ahead is?), must have said that half a dozen times.

I've going to be crying with laughter if we wind up with a male teacher...might laugh even harder at a female teacher holding a sexual item though? Tongue

I'll give you all a full briefing of the days events tomorrow night, convinced some clowns (namely those 4 idiots) in my tutor group are going to go into hysterics at the first glimpse of a lubricant, condom, or strap-on dildo!!

I may giggle at the teacher holding the items, but I'm ''mature'' (hehe) enough to handle the other stuff. 
As part of Business, we were each given a business type that we would base most of our work on. I unfortunately got Rymans (the stationers: http://www.ryman.co.uk/) and as part of a task, we have to imagine that we were going to set up a business identical or along the lines of the business given. This includes some 3rd Party research which means 10 questionnaires to do. If you wish to take part, just drop me a PM and i'll send you the questions. I was going to post them with this post but since i only need 10 people, i don't want some people doing one without knowing that i dont need their answers. Just seems a bit selfish for my liking.
Site Administrator
(29 Mar 2015, 7:09 pm)citaro5284 wrote Dan could say that....but not any more  Tongue

Whey aye, I'm back with all of them again from Thursday for a couple of days in Paris....!
(29 Mar 2015, 7:12 pm)Robert wrote My english teacher left on Friday. Going up to a school up in Ashington. Meant we didnt do much in the 3 lessons we had last week Big Grin 

Obviously I don't know the reasons why your teacher left, and he or she is perfectly entitled to do so, but it still strikes me as odd why a teacher would leave two-thirds of the way through a school year. I think if I were a diligent student (I wasn't - like you I would have reveled in doing next to nothing) or a concerned parent I'd be worried about the disruption caused to the classes (and students) they taught.
School
(29 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Obviously I don't know the reasons why your teacher left, and he or she is perfectly entitled to do so, but it still strikes me as odd why a teacher would leave two-thirds of the way through a school year. I think if I were a diligent student (I wasn't - like you I would have reveled in doing next to nothing) or a concerned parent I'd be worried about the disruption caused to the classes (and students) they taught.

One of the Humanities teachers at my school has also left, but for Middlesbrough to be Head of RE (previously an RE teacher).

Basically, from what he told me (didn't teach me, but we spoke regularly as we were on the Germany trip together) - he said if the job was ever there for him, he'd take it if it meant furthering his career.
(29 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Obviously I don't know the reasons why your teacher left, and he or she is perfectly entitled to do so, but it still strikes me as odd why a teacher would leave two-thirds of the way through a school year. I think if I were a diligent student (I wasn't - like you I would have reveled in doing next to nothing) or a concerned parent I'd be worried about the disruption caused to the classes (and students) they taught.

Our History teacher left last week, we just about finished their side of the course however it feels a bit odd. I wouldn't have been as concerned if we'd finished with lessons to spare but we still have to teach ourselves one lesson of AS level history, which is 6 pages in  the textbook! (If you discount the conclusion)

I really don't understand it, if another school needs a replacement they should get a supply in until July (that's what we've got!)

It was basically the fact that she had found a new job at a school closer to where she lived and it required starting in April. We were in the middle of preparing for our next controlled assessment too.
(29 Mar 2015, 10:00 pm)mb134 wrote Our History teacher left last week, we just about finished their side of the course however it feels a bit odd. I wouldn't have been as concerned if we'd finished with lessons to spare but we still have to teach ourselves one lesson of AS level history, which is 6 pages in  the textbook! (If you discount the conclusion)

I really don't understand it, if another school needs a replacement they should get a supply in until July (that's what we've got!)

Having supply staff is quite expensive, they get quite good money just for a days work,if the school has loads then its gonna use a lot of money.
Its so they don't have to re-advert in the Summer, which means more holiday for the head etc.

Well that's what i think happens.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(30 Mar 2015, 4:33 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote What is the worst thing you've done/did in school? Comment below. Smile

I dread to think what Fozz has lined up to answer this question!
One of the scruffiest kids in the school was irritating everyone in PE, trying to be clever by ordering us all about in football. He was about as high as my knees... There was a football right next to me, so I kicked it at him, and it hit him in the chest. Had no idea he was asthmatic...luckily nobody saw me do it, he wasn't even looking in my direction when I did it. hehe Although I did feel bad after learning he was asthmatic...luckily nothing became of it, and he didn't have any problems as a result. Suppose I got a lucky escape.

(30 Mar 2015, 4:37 pm)Dan wrote I dread to think what Fozz has lined up to answer this question!

Awaiting his response with anticipation.  Wink
Nowt much I'm afraid in my case.

I was the kind of guy who persuaded others to get into trouble at school while I sat laughing in the background.

I managed to get into a few fights, defaced someones homework diary and shoved a plastic ruler down the back of a radiator. That's all I can remember really.
School
Apart from storming off in P.E. most weeks because I was worse than useless.

My mate came running towards me one morning when I arrived and I moved out of the way and he ended up running straight into a steel gate, it looked really painful.

Nothing else really to say as I was a good boy
On the contrary, I loved P.E. It was always a lesson I thoroughly enjoyed despite not being that good at anything in which I participated. I could never understand those perennial P.E. avoiders.