You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

RE: Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions
(10 Jan 2017, 9:11 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote My Suggestion for South Shield's Service 10/11/10A/10B/11A/11B after A194/A19 Remodelling works conclude in the Summer.

Early Morning/ Daytime Service would consist of the following, Departing at the following from Kepple Street, 0702 ( 10B ) , 0732 ( 10C* ) , 0800 ( 10B ) , 0835 ( 10A ) , 0910 ( 10B ) . --
Daytime service's then depart at **10 ( 10B ) and **35 ( 10A ) until the 1510 Departure, Which will as Service 10C* Then Daytime dpatrutes at **15/45 until 1745 , When evening supported service begins.

The Daytime route is below

10A/10B South Shields - Jarrow via Marine Park , Westoe Village , East Harton , Horsley Hill , Harton Nook , South Tyneside Hospital , Biddick Hall , Dame Flora Robson Avenue , Low Simonside ( 10A/C ) , Brockley Whins Shops ( 10B/C ) Brockley Whins Metro ( 10B/C ) , Hill Park Estate ( 10A ) , Jarrow Morrison's and Jarrow Bus Station.

Service 10A follows what is pretty much the former daytime 10 Routing, Only omitting Hill Park Estate due to Low Passenger Numbers boarding there, And its close proximity to Low Simonside Estate, Which is served by the 10A.

Service 10B follows a revised routing between Simonside Monkton Junior School and the A194, Serving Perth Avenue Shops, Perth Avenue , Scotch Estate Shops , and Edinburgh Road, Aswell as additionally serving Hill Park Estate in Jarrow.

Service 10A is predicted to take approximately 79 mins end to end, Service 10B will take 80 mins end to end, Upon arrival at Jarrow, A 10B will preform a 11A return, And a 10A will perform a 11B.

10C : This journey will Serve all the Estates, Through the use of the A1300, Running as Service 10C, This will make sure all Simonside Estates in the revised timetable have a scheduled bus to Jarrow School in the morning --
And The Afternoon journey will run to make sure all Harton, St Wilfrieds and SSCS pupils have a bus to all the Simonside Estates.
This journey will take around 4-5 Mins longer than a normal 10A/B

Notes : The Supported 6:16 short 10 from South Tyneside Hospital to Low Simonside is unchanged, But is renumbered to 10A, Due to it serving only/Terminating at Low Simonside.

Evening Service 10A/11A

After the 1720 10A and 1745 10B, The Evening Service will run Service 10A hourly, Aswell as additionally serving Hill Park Estate to fill the Nexus Requirement. Departing at **45/50 past the hour until the final 10A at 2340.
The 2300 will remain at Terminating short at Low Simonside, Arriving at 2340, Beforing performing a Dead move to Chichester Depot for the night.

Daytime Service 11A/11B/11C

Routings are basically the 10A/10B in reverse, So I'll not explain it again, See above for routings.

Daytime Departures from Jarrow are as follows : 0740 ( 11C ) , 0810 ( 11A ) , 0845 ( 11B ) , 0920 ( 11A ) , 0954 ( 11B ) , Departures remain at 24 (11A)/54 (11B) until 1524 ( 11C )  
With Departures then going at 1550 ( 11B ) , 1625 ( 11A ) , 1700 ( 11B ) , 1730 ( 11A ) , 1805 ( 11B ) , 1848 ( 11A ) ,  With departure's continuing every hour on Service 11A until end of service.

Notes : Early Short journey's from Biddick Hall at 0614 and 0714 are retimed to depart Brockley Whins Metro 7 mins earlier at 0607 ad 0707 respectively as 10B's.
Short Journeys are 0635 and 0726 from Low Simonside are renumbered 10A's , The 0756 is retimed to depart from Jarrow Bus Station 14 mins earlier as a 10C, As this is the main school bus for the 3 Harton area schools.

Brockley Whins and parts of Simonside lost links to Harton Nook and Horsley Hill when the cull of GNE's 89 a few years back, And a lot of people have been wanting a return of a similar service, I'm one of them, Who Needs a link to Harton Area on a M-F morning and Afternoon, That's why ive made this suggestion.

I don't have time to include Weekend timetable suggestions as I don't have time, But I hope you've enjoyed reading this suggestion and I'm looking forward to your suggestions on how it could be improved.

SouthTyneLad

Could still be achieved by my suggestion previously. See post 384.
(11 Jan 2017, 8:18 am)ifm001 wrote Could still be achieved by my suggestion previously. See post 384.

Didn't see it, Pretty much the same suggestions bar the 10C, Another way is to run a 10A/10B and 11A/11B with only 15 mins between each one, So that all estates have a bus to school without the use of the 10C, Would have a 45 min gap in service both ways however if this happened.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
I have decided to come up with my own service suggestions for Stagecoach in Newcastle and Sunderland:
1- Keep the service the same and allocate it 19434-19446 and 19645 and 19646 (all would be branded) with 19647 and 19670 as spares
6/7/8- Remove service 6 and make service 7 every 20 minutes with an extension to DWP Tyneview Park taking 80 minutes each way with a PVR of 8. This would be made up of 22508-22515 with 22013 as spare.
10/11-Keep them the same with an allocation of 22071-22082 with 22070 as spare
12-Make the service every 10 minutes full route reducing the PVR by 1 to 11, which would be made up of 19671-19681 with 19682 as spare
15/15A- Walker-RVI loop. This would consist of running the current route from Blackett Street and then Percy Street-RVI-Spital Tounges-Barrack Road-Monument (in the case of the 15, the 15A would do the same in reverse) With a PVR of 3 made up of 39722-39724 with 39725 as spare
18-Keep the PVR the same at 4  made up of 22341-22344 with 22345 as spare with two route changes, instead of the 18 running all of Stoneleigh Avenue it would run the east half to fill in a bus all the way along Stoneleigh Avenue and it would also run a different route from Walker Bus Terminal to Wallsend via Titan Road and then following the route of the 40 to Wallsend with the Q3 doing the route along Westbourne Avenue
22-Keep the route the same with an identical PVR made up of 19430-19433 plus 19379-19384 plus 19214-19219 plus 19212 all of which would be branded. 19213, 19210 and 19211 would be spare
30/31/36-Keep the services the same made up of 26063-26078 with 26079 and 26080 as spares
32/32A-Keep the routes as what is being proposed running as far as Montagu Estate with a PVR made up of 39702-39705 with 39706 as spare
NEW 34-It would run the current 32/32A between Pilgrim Street and Fawdon Metro via High Heaton when it would then follow the number 6 route to the Metrocentre taking 85 minutes full route meaning a PVR of 6 with a half-hourly service made up of 39715-39720 with 39721 as spare. The bus would omit Kenton Bar Roundabout and would via the M71 route to Newbiggin Hall instead.
35-It would have the extra journey that is being proposed and it be made up of 35194 and 35195 with 35193 as spare. The extra journey being proposed would be implemented and one later evening journey would be added.
38-Reduce the frequency to every 12 minutes which would be a PVR reduction of 1 allowing a PVR to made up of 19201-19209 with 10000 as spare
39/40-The 40 would change route to terminate at Walker Bus Terminal by following the full route of Welbeck Road until the A186 roundabout where it would follow the A186 Bath Street to Walker Bus Terminal with a PVR reduction of 2 also because of a frequency reduction every 6 minutes instead of every 5 minutes. It would be allocated 12061-12081 with 12082 and 12083 as spares.
62/63-Stay the same as it currently is with no PVR change and a PVR of 21 with 10652 and 10653 as spares. 
X63-Keep the PVR and route the same with a PVR of 4 made up of 12084-12086 and 10654. 19673 would be spare.
71-The proposed new route via Fenham and would miss out Chapel Park and would instead serve the Jingling Gate pub but no change in Throckley. PVR made up of 22346 (transferred from Walkergate) and 22347 and 22348 with 22013 as spare.
72-The current route with 39728 and 39729 being allocated, 39730 would be spare.
87- The current route with no changes and 39731 being allocated.
88- The current route with no cahnges and 39732 being allocated.
Both of the above would have a spare of 22024 which would be transferred over from Walkergate.
100- No changes with the current route and an allocation of 22570, 22574 and 22579-22581.
X47- A frequency reduction to every 12 minutes with a PVR of 4 made up of 22409-22412 with 22408 as spare
X77/X78/X79/NEW X80/X82/X87/X88-The X78 would be withdrawn and all of the journeys would become X77s and new X80 would run from Eldon Square-Cowgate-Slatyford Shops-West Denton Shops-Chapel House taking 20 minutes and interworking with the other buses running every 20 minutes adding 2 onto the PVR, also the X77 would become every 20 minutes adding a further 2. The PVR would be made up of 19194-19200 plus 22413 and 22067-22069 with 22049-22051. 22047 and 22048 would be spare.
The overall PVR would now be 175, a reduction of 8 from the current 183.
One suggestion i think would be to ditch the 88 service and route either the 62 or 63 through Westerhope instead of West denton. Rejoining Normal route on Stamfordham Road
(17 Feb 2017, 9:43 pm)LiamD55 wrote One suggestion i think would be to ditch the 88 service and route either the 62 or 63 through Westerhope instead of West denton. Rejoining Normal route on Stamfordham Road

The 88 is just as important as the 87 and the 71, 72, 87 and 88 all go through Westerhope
Not a positive suggestion here, but based on the most recent network changes in the northern half of the division - some predictions for Hartlepool.

Service 1
Reduced to every 15 minutes between High Tunstall - Seaton Carew. Half hourly extensions to Middlesbrough retained. 

Service 3/4
Service 4 withdrawn.
Service 3 extended from Bluebell Way in Bishop Cuthbert to terminate in a loop of Clavering estate, as per service 4 currently, every 30 minutes. 
This retains links from Clavering to Marina and South Hartlepool. 
Passengers from King Oswy and Brus areas can use Arriva or GNE services to Marina or Stagecoach service 6 to town and South Hartlepool. 

New service 3A replaces service 4 between South Fens and Marina, maintaining 15 minute frequency between South Fens & Town Centre/Marina. 

Service 6
Reduced to every 15 minutes along the full length of the route. Times co-ordinated with 36 between Town Centre and Rossmere to have 7/8 minutes frequency along shared sections.

Service 7
Reduced to every 15 minutes along the full length of the route. Continues to interwork with service 6 at Owton Manor to provide 8 buses per hour to Town. 

With rough working out, I think this reduces the PVR at Hartlepool to 25, taking around 10 buses off the road. At this point, it would be likely Hartlepool effectively becomes an outstation of Stockton, though I think they already share managers, spare drivers etc.
(14 Apr 2017, 2:09 pm)James101 wrote Not a positive suggestion here, but based on the most recent network changes in the northern half of the division - some predictions for Hartlepool.

Service 1
Reduced to every 15 minutes between High Tunstall - Seaton Carew. Half hourly extensions to Middlesbrough retained. 

Service 3/4
Service 4 withdrawn.
Service 3 extended from Bluebell Way in Bishop Cuthbert to terminate in a loop of Clavering estate, as per service 4 currently, every 30 minutes. 
This retains links from Clavering to Marina and South Hartlepool. 
Passengers from King Oswy and Brus areas can use Arriva or GNE services to Marina or Stagecoach service 6 to town and South Hartlepool. 

New service 3A replaces service 4 between South Fens and Marina, maintaining 15 minute frequency between South Fens & Town Centre/Marina. 

Service 6
Reduced to every 15 minutes along the full length of the route. Times co-ordinated with 36 between Town Centre and Rossmere to have 7/8 minutes frequency along shared sections.

Service 7
Reduced to every 15 minutes along the full length of the route. Continues to interwork with service 6 at Owton Manor to provide 8 buses per hour to Town. 

With rough working out, I think this reduces the PVR at Hartlepool to 25, taking around 10 buses off the road. At this point, it would be likely Hartlepool effectively becomes an outstation of Stockton, though I think they already share managers, spare drivers etc.

BIB: As far as I know, Stockton's Backshift spare and Duty Manager double up as Hartlepool's on the nights when only the 7 operates until late (Sunday to Thursday - so also taking places tonight). Not sure whether it is the same on Friday/Saturday nights when the 6 additionally operates (and the 7 runs until midnight rather than finishing at 10).
I've never understood why a service as well used as the X34 doesn't have a Sunday service. That is apart from the temporary one they run near Christmas. Surely there is a market for it, even if it was only hourly between shopping hours?

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
Yeah or had anymore X routes,Newcastle-South Shields for example,unless maybes before i was born,long gone are the days where there was 1 bus you could get to anywhere
X20 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Fellgate Estate - Primrose - Tyne Dock - Chichester - South Shields. This service will be extended to Newcastle from Fellgate, it will remain hourly and also offer a new Sunday and Evening service to Newcastle.

*NEW* X30 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Boldon Asda - East Boldon - Metro - Cleadon Village - Harton Nook - South Shields. This service will operate hourly Monday - Saturday daytimes and replace service 30. Evenings and Sundays will continue to operate as service 30 to Boldon.

X34 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Boldon Asda - Whitleas - Harton Nook - Horsley Hill - Gypsys Green / Pier Head - South Shields. This service will be revised to operate hourly with extra Journeys at Peak times. 

All together this will allow 3X buses an hour from South Shields to Newcastle, with journey times kept under 60 minutes! 

Total PVR:
X20: PVR - 2
X30: PVR - 2
X34: PVR - 2

(26 Sep 2017, 8:36 pm)S830OFT wrote X20 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Fellgate Estate - Primrose - Tyne Dock - Chichester - South Shields. This service will be extended to Newcastle from Fellgate, it will remain hourly and also offer a new Sunday and Evening service to Newcastle.

*NEW* X30 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Boldon Asda - East Boldon - Metro - Cleadon Village - Harton Nook - South Shields. This service will operate hourly Monday - Saturday daytimes and replace service 30. Evenings and Sundays will continue to operate as service 30 to Boldon.

X34 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Boldon Asda - Whitleas - Harton Nook - Horsley Hill - Gypsys Green / Pier Head - South Shields. This service will be revised to operate hourly with extra Journeys at Peak times. 

All together this will allow 3X buses an hour from South Shields to Newcastle, with journey times kept under 60 minutes! 

Total PVR:
X20: PVR - 2
X30: PVR - 2
X34: PVR - 2

Your new x30 is the same as the original service 534 when catch a bus did the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X55 Newcastle - Dalton Park.

Wonder if it would maybe be worth cutting this service to only operate between Newcastle and Dalton Park but on a higher frequency, perhaps every 75 minutes on Saturdays only, maybe add another stop on Gateshead High Street as well.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Some Suggestions for Stagecoach North East services:
Teeside:
*NEW* X36: Middlesbrough - Teeside Park - Stockton High Street - Billingham - A19 - Dalton Park - Gateshead High Street - Newcastle Pilgrim Street.
This service will operate hourly Monday to Saturday. It will follow the exact same route as the Sunday X10 to Billingham (but calling into Teeside Park) then non-stop to Dalton Park and onto Newcastle via Gateshead. This service will allow the withdrawl of service X55.

Sunderland:
4: Doxford Park - East Herrington - Barnes - Sunderland City Centre - Southwick - Downhill - Boldon Asda.
This service will be extended to Boldon Asda allowing customers to have access to services 30 and X34. Frequency changed to every 15 mins MON - SAT daytimes.

8: South Hylton - Broadway - Royal Hospital - Sunderland City Centre - Roker Park - Seaburn.
This service will be extended to Seaburn replacing service 18. This will have some new benefits, one is a increased frequency of every 30 minutes between Sunderland and Seaburn on this section of route, also a new Cross City Route.

18: Withdrawn - Replaced by New 24 service.

23: Grindon - Thorney Close - Barnes - Sunderland City Centre - Monkwearmouth - Seaburn Metro - Dene Estate - Seaburn Morrisons.
This service will have a frequency change to every 20 minutes, following new service 24. This service will be extended to Grindon from Thorney Close following the withdrawl of service 18. Also, it will operate both sections of route in Dene Estate, but terminating at Seaburn Morrisons.

*NEW* 24: Gilley Law (Lakeside Village) - Thorney Close - Durham Road Shops - Barnes - Royal Hospital - Pallion - Southwick - Fullwell The Grange - Seaburn Metro - Sea Road - Seaburn Morrisons.
This service will operate every 30 minutes between Gilley Law and Seaburn Morrisons, it will serve Thorney Close first before Durham Road Shops. It will operate the old 18 Route towards Royal Hospital via the Barnes, then operate the current 18 Route towards Seaburn Morrisons.

*NEW* 10A: Grangetown - Ashbrooke - Barnes - Durham Road Shops - Thorney Close - GrIndon - Pennywell. 
This service will operate 1 journey each way on School Days Only, this service will replace service 18A to improve punctuality.

That's my suggestions of changes.

(24 Oct 2017, 10:38 pm)S830OFT wrote Some Suggestions for Stagecoach North East services:
Teeside:
*NEW* X36: Middlesbrough - Teeside Park - Stockton High Street - Billingham - A19 - Dalton Park - Gateshead High Street - Newcastle Pilgrim Street.
This service will operate hourly Monday to Saturday. It will follow the exact same route as the Sunday X10 to Billingham (but calling into Teeside Park) then non-stop to Dalton Park and onto Newcastle via Gateshead. This service will allow the withdrawl of service X55

Why does every suggestion RE the X55 forget Hartlepool exists? It's perhaps not pretty but there is approx. 92'000 people there, which sizes it larger than Washington and only slightly smaller than Darlington.
(24 Oct 2017, 10:58 pm)James101 wrote Why does every suggestion RE the X55 forget Hartlepool exists? It's perhaps not pretty but there is approx. 92'000 people there, which sizes it larger than Washington and only slightly smaller than Darlington.

My suggestion was just based on my own findings from travelling on the last journey from Newcastle to Stockton a few times, the last of which saw me boarding at Dalton Park to find that there was no other passengers on-board until we got to Hartlepool where it sometimes tends to pick up some of the traffic from the 36 etc between Hartlepool and Stockton. Also with my suggestion of Newcastle - Dalton Park only, I do wonder if a more frequent service from Newcastle would potentially attract people to visit Dalton Park connecting from other Stagecoach services on Tyneside. I don't know what the other journeys are like on the X55 but I can't imagine that the rest do much better, really for Hartlepool to be worth running to/from, enough people would have to use it to make it justifiable considering it is a bit of a distance between Dalton Park and Hartlepool (although in the same sense,  Newcastle - Dalton Park is the same really). I think the discussion we should be having about the X55 IMO is placing bets on if/when Stagecoach will pull the plug. 

There's another idea, Sunderland - Dalton Park Stagecoach service in some form.
(24 Oct 2017, 11:27 pm)Jimmi wrote My suggestion was just based on my own findings from travelling on the last journey from Newcastle to Stockton a few times, the last of which saw me boarding at Dalton Park to find that there was no other passengers on-board until we got to Hartlepool where it sometimes tends to pick up some of the traffic from the 36 etc between Hartlepool and Stockton. Also with my suggestion of Newcastle - Dalton Park only, I do wonder if a more frequent service from Newcastle would potentially attract people to visit Dalton Park connecting from other Stagecoach services on Tyneside. I don't know what the other journeys are like on the X55 but I can't imagine that the rest do much better, really for Hartlepool to be worth running to/from, enough people would have to use it to make it justifiable considering it is a bit of a distance between Dalton Park and Hartlepool (although in the same sense,  Newcastle - Dalton Park is the same really). I think the discussion we should be having about the X55 IMO is placing bets on if/when Stagecoach will pull the plug. 

There's another idea, Sunderland - Dalton Park Stagecoach service in some form.

I think that corridor is well and truly boxed off.

I reckon they would need to be more imaginative and look at a DP service down a corridor that is a bit unique or different to the ones that exist already.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(24 Oct 2017, 10:58 pm)James101 wrote Why does every suggestion RE the X55 forget Hartlepool exists? It's perhaps not pretty but there is approx. 92'000 people there, which sizes it larger than Washington and only slightly smaller than Darlington.

Passengers can travel up to Billingham on service 36 to connect with the X36.

(24 Oct 2017, 10:38 pm)S830OFT wrote Some Suggestions for Stagecoach North East services:
Teeside:
This service will operate hourly Monday to Saturday. It will follow the exact same route as the Sunday X10 to Billingham (but calling into Teeside Park) then non-stop to Dalton Park and onto Newcastle via Gateshead. This service will allow the withdrawl of service X55.

Sunderland:
4: Doxford Park - East Herrington - Barnes - Sunderland City Centre - Southwick - Downhill - Boldon Asda.
This service will be extended to Boldon Asda allowing customers to have access to services 30 and X34. Frequency changed to every 15 mins MON - SAT daytimes.

8: South Hylton - Broadway - Royal Hospital - Sunderland City Centre - Roker Park - Seaburn.
This service will be extended to Seaburn replacing service 18. This will have some new benefits, one is a increased frequency of every 30 minutes between Sunderland and Seaburn on this section of route, also a new Cross City Route.

18: Withdrawn - Replaced by New 24 service.

23: Grindon - Thorney Close - Barnes - Sunderland City Centre - Monkwearmouth - Seaburn Metro - Dene Estate - Seaburn Morrisons.
This service will have a frequency change to every 20 minutes, following new service 24. This service will be extended to Grindon from Thorney Close following the withdrawl of service 18. Also, it will operate both sections of route in Dene Estate, but terminating at Seaburn Morrisons.

*NEW* 24: Gilley Law (Lakeside Village) - Thorney Close - Durham Road Shops - Barnes - Royal Hospital - Pallion - Southwick - Fullwell The Grange - Seaburn Metro - Sea Road - Seaburn Morrisons.
This service will operate every 30 minutes between Gilley Law and Seaburn Morrisons, it will serve Thorney Close first before Durham Road Shops. It will operate the old 18 Route towards Royal Hospital via the Barnes, then operate the current 18 Route towards Seaburn Morrisons.

*NEW* 10A: Grangetown - Ashbrooke - Barnes - Durham Road Shops - Thorney Close - GrIndon - Pennywell. 
This service will operate 1 journey each way on School Days Only, this service will replace service 18A to improve punctuality.

That's my suggestions of changes.

As the current X55 timetable seems to be aimed mainly at south west Hartlepool with only the first and last journeys continuing to / from Stockton. A new X36 wouldn't really serve the same area so I'm a little unsure of how it could be deemed a direct replacement. Also noted is Stagecoaches decision to operate the X55 non-stop between ASDA and the A179 / A19 junction, completely missing out the northern half of Hartlepool. I imagine this is to avoid conflict with GNE's X5 / X9 connections at Peterlee. If this is the case, an X36 would be very unlikely as it would be in near direct competition with the X10!
My own suggestion for the X55 is as below:

.png X55.png

While it does involve using two buses, the core service pattern of 3 long journeys is roughly the same, so operational costs should be about the same.  

I would propose disposing of 54045 and using the capital realised to refurbish 2 of Stockton's E300s with leather coach seats & wi-fi. Branded along an aspirational leisure shopping theme, think stress-free no parking, Prosecco lunches etc. They would pick up standard 36/37/38 duties during the week and as such advertise the service to general passengers. 

I'd think the target market for the X55 would be people like my mum & dad. Own a car, but dislike driving to Newcastle or the Metro due to the traffic. Equally, however simple it is, having to change buses at Peterlee or Gateshead to reach either destination fills them with dread. The same theory applies for Teesside Park, even with a frequent Saturday service from Stockton, they'd just see changing as too much fuss. Consequently, they opt to suffer a Pacer to visit the big city or drive to Teesside Park. 

My suggestion would also open Teesside Park to visitors from Newcastle or those who can connect at Dalton Park form County Durham. I can't for the life of me understand why, but those who shop for leisure tend to be happy to travel to different shopping centres, despite the same brands being available in their local commercial district.    

Extending the service to all the major shopping hubs in the region, paired with a strong 'Shopper Express' brand and slightly tweaked times to be more user friendly could do the X55 a lot of favours.
X24/X34 interwork in Newcastle based at Walkergate bus depot with the X24/X34 current 19641-19644 and 24001-24003 

X34 will also serve Heworth for some early morning and evening journeys for contention to Teesside and Dalton Park.

X14 Hartlepool-Peterlee-Dalton Park-Washington Galleries-Heworth (Peak Time Only)-Gateshead-Newcastle every hour shared corridor every 30 minutes with X15  between Newcastle and Dalton Park

X15 Middlesbrough-Teeside Park-Stockton-Billingham-Dalton Park-Heworth (Peak time only)-Gateshead-Newcastle 

These services would run at least 6 days a week 
The frequency of the service would be 

X24/X34 every 30 minutes 

X14/X15 every hour shared corridor every 30 minutes these services would increase to Every 30 full route if popular.

X14/X15 would replace the current X55
(26 Oct 2017, 12:03 am)Ds1197 wrote X24/X34 interwork in Newcastle based at Walkergate bus depot with the X24/X34 current 19641-19644 and 24001-24003 

X34 will also serve Heworth for some early morning and evening journeys for contention to Teesside and Dalton Park.

X14 Hartlepool-Peterlee-Dalton Park-Washington Galleries-Heworth (Peak Time Only)-Gateshead-Newcastle every hour shared corridor every 30 minutes with X15  between Newcastle and Dalton Park

X15 Middlesbrough-Teeside Park-Stockton-Billingham-Dalton Park-Heworth (Peak time only)-Gateshead-Newcastle 

These services would run at least 6 days a week 
The frequency of the service would be 

X24/X34 every 30 minutes 

X14/X15 every hour shared corridor every 30 minutes these services would increase to Every 30 full route if popular.

X14/X15 would replace the current X55
I've thought for a long time that perhaps X24 and X34 should now interwork as some of the layover time in Newcastle is a bit too long and with the gaps in service mid afternoon. However this can be done with existing depots, no need to move to Newcastle depots.
Bit to the extreme but Stagecoach should try:
*NEW* N34: Newcastle Airport - Non Stop - Newcastle City Centre - Central Station - Redburgh Bridge - Gateshead High Street - Non Stop - Fellgate - Boldon - Whitleas Estate - Harton Nook - Marsden - Horsley Hill - Chichester - Laygate - South Shields.
This service will only operate one journey on early Sunday Morning. This service will allow Passengers returning from Flights at midnight to not get a Taxi if they live in the South Tyneside area. Also allow Staff who have worked in Pubs, Restaurants to return home. The service will leave Newcastle Airport at 01:00 and arrive at South Shields at 02:30.

Prices:
Single: £10.00 Single From Newcastle Airport to anywhere in South Tyneside.
Single: £5.00 Single From Newcastle Airport to Newcastle or Gateshead.
Single: £8.00 From Newcastle or Gateshead to anywhere in South Tyneside.
Single: £1.50 From Newcastle to Gateshead.
Single: £5.00 If boarding and alighting in South Tyneside.

I would suggest this service as Go North East seem to be popular with there night bus services.

Newcastle Suggestions:

32/32A To terminate at Cowgate
10/11 To operate a loop (10 clockwise, 11 anti-clockwise) Kenton Lane, Hazeldene Avenue, Kirkwood Drive, Halewood Avenue, Kenton Lane)

31 To operate a loop via Kenton Lane, Creigton Avenue, Milfield Avenue, Wycliffe Avenue to Wyndley House, The Crossway, Kenton Lane alternative journeys numbered 31B operating reverse of the looop.
I think stagecoach need to expand in regards to services for example maybe extend the 12 to the royal quays and have a 12A that runs along the A187 to Royal quays(hourly) i also think they should swap the 39 and 40 over,because the amount of times i've heard people get confused over GNE's 40 and SNE's are countless,and something needs doing to the 18 too
Kind Regards
Tez
(19 Dec 2017, 2:27 am)V514DFT wrote they should swap the 39 and 40 over,because the amount of times i've heard people get confused over GNE's 40 and SNE's are countless

The Stagecoach 39 and 40 have been in existence in forms since PTE times.... was Go North East clashed the service numbers. 

(19 Dec 2017, 2:27 am)V514DFT wrote ... and something needs doing to the 18 too

?? - Foot has came off the pedal in terms of going against the Q3, it works well at peaks with workers in particular and now includes an E400 on PVR.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

(19 Dec 2017, 9:05 am)RBZ 5459 wrote The Stagecoach 39 and 40 have been in existence in forms since PTE times.... was Go North East clashed the service numbers. 

?? - Foot has came off the pedal in terms of going against the Q3, it works well at peaks with workers in particular and now includes an E400 on PVR.

come on the 18 has struggled for years even when it was the 18 and 19,works well at peaks and thats it,rest of the time its garbage,and you really think GNE would ever change their service numbers.......no,easier for stagecoach to swap the 39 and 40 over even tho once upon a time the 39 also served wallsend,if GNE wanted to keep their service numbers in the 40 series it would have to be 42/A 43 and 44,anywho its a suggestions thread not a reality thread
Kind Regards
Tez
(20 Dec 2017, 1:36 am)V514DFT wrote come on the 18 has struggled for years even when it was the 18 and 19,works well at peaks and thats it,rest of the time its garbage,and you really think GNE would ever change their service numbers.......no,easier for stagecoach to swap the 39 and 40 over even tho once upon a time the 39 also served wallsend,if GNE wanted to keep their service numbers in the 40 series it would have to be 42/A 43 and 44,anywho its a suggestions thread not a reality thread

I agree, the 18 has been quite the sitting duck for years. When the Q3 came on the scene it was very un-Stagecoach to see it eventually curtailed, and not to see them throw all resources at it. It just seems to tick along and be of significant use at peak times. I think new numbers all together would be the better option for 39/40 then, removing the added swap confusion.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Sunderland:
*NEW* 7: Gilley Law - Thorney Close - Grindon - The Broadway - High Barnes - Royal Hospital - Pallion - Southwick - Seaburn Metro - Seaburn Morrisons. This New service will completely replace service 18. It will operate hourly and allow passengers a shorter walking time to the Hospital by stopping at both ends, this service will NOT serve Hylton Road or Pennywell anymore and will no longer serve Durham Road towards Durham Road Shops.

8: South Hylton - Pennywell Shops - The Broadway - High Barnes - Royal Hospital - Chester Road - Sunderland City Centre - Wheatsheaf - Roker Park - Seaburn Morrisons. This service will be revised to operate hourly and to be extended to Seaburn Morrisons as a replacement for service 18, this service will serve Pennywell Shops alike service 8X, between High Barnes and the Hospital there will continue to be a every 30 minute bus service with New service 7. Also allow passengers a direct bus to Seaburn without changing buses in the city.

*SCHOOL BUS* 10A: Grangetown - Ashbrooke - The Barnes - Durham Road Shops - Thorney Close - Grindon - Pennywell Shops - Pennywell. This service will replace service 18A and operate School days only, the bus will come off service 10 which will result in a 30 minute gap at 08:00 and 14:30. The bus will rejoin the 10/11 circuit at Pennywell and Grangetown (Depending on Time).

18/18A: Withdrawn

22 to be extended, once every 20 mins to Northumberland park interchange following 19 and once every 20 mins to Benton ASDA via West Allotment and Holystone.
22A- Northumberland park Interchange - Shiremoor - cobalt - Silverlink - Wallsend - Coast Road - Coach lane - Fore Lane ends then operates 62 route to Newcastle from there. Once reached Newcastle, continue normal route to Throckley