You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0
(27 Jan 2015, 8:06 pm)mb134 wrote They've probably never had a MAX vehicle, to expect one! Wink

Haha - good point!
The X14 branded ones are often on the X15/X18 too. 
How long are these T-FGN DLA's got left? I ask as up here in the North West and Wlaes we are down to our last one being T110 GGO based at Rhyl (excluding Open Top Examples)
(27 Jan 2015, 8:16 pm)Y961 XBU wrote How long are these T-FGN DLA's got left? I ask as up here in the North West and Wlaes we are down to our last one being T110 GGO based at Rhyl (excluding Open Top Examples)

Not long at all - most of them have been withdrawn, and 7458 should be withdrawn when 7518 enters service from repair.
(27 Jan 2015, 8:20 pm)Tom wrote Not long at all - most of them have been withdrawn, and 7458 should be withdrawn when 7518 enters service from repair.

Cheers for that! 

Another question is have an North East based DLA's been sold to another company in BrightBus? as they have bought a good number of North West based examples
(27 Jan 2015, 8:26 pm)Y961 XBU wrote Cheers for that! 

Another question is have an North East based DLA's been sold to another company in BrightBus? as they have bought a good number of North West based examples

The first few withdrawn have ended up at Alpha's for scrap

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
Fleet list updated to show the entry into service of Volvo B9TLs 7401 - 7406, the latest movements with the Darts (as detailed here), and Stockton's MAX Pulsars returning to service following refurbishment.
(27 Jan 2015, 9:52 pm)Y961 XBU wrote Was there many up here in the first place?

We only had had six in the Arriva North East fleet but gained another one from Classic Coaches of Anfield Plain (TGM Group) when some of their services passed to Arriva I think.
(27 Jan 2015, 11:25 pm)Stuart Phin wrote Forgot to mention earlier on

4651 is back at darlington after it's trip to the engine shop
Think I might of Photographed that yesterday actually, will have a flick through my photos tomorrow to see if I did.
(27 Jan 2015, 10:55 am)tyresmoke wrote 1441 noted back at Stockton this morning too
And it's my morning X12 too. WiFi isnt working like. I've emailed Customer Services, but I'll not hold my breath!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
Streetlite 1576 abandoned on Stand C in Park Lane, causing the 61 to relocate to Stand D and the 60 to Stand E...

EDIT: Durham all over again - driver comes as soon as he's due out...
The power sockets on the Sapphire buses hardly ever seem to be working on the 5's or X4's. Do they need to be manually switched on by the driver, or are there known issues with them..?
(28 Jan 2015, 10:30 am)tvd wrote The power sockets on the Sapphire buses hardly ever seem to be working on the 5's  or X4's.  Do they need to be manually switched on by the driver, or are there known issues with them..?

The only ones that I know of having been reported as not working is 1553, but I will have to start bringing my charger to test them! Talking of the Streetlites, 1550 is back at Stockton as of yesterday. 1441 was used to transport drivers to the funeral of one of our colleagues at Stockton

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(28 Jan 2015, 8:16 am)Dan wrote Streetlite 1576 abandoned on Stand C in Park Lane, causing the 61 to relocate to Stand D and the 60 to Stand E...

The problem with the 23s is that you only have half an hour between trips.  So say you are on 23A arr. 1252 then you go back out on 23B at 1327 - if you come in late from the first one then technically you can't get back on the bus until 30 mins after you sign off the first bus.  In theory there should be a contingency plan for when delays happen, maybe a spare driver or even longer breaks; but that would mean more money haha.
Site Administrator
(28 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm)palatine3833 wrote The problem with the 23s is that you only have half an hour between trips.  So say you are on 23A arr. 1252 then you go back out on 23B at 1327 - if you come in late from the first one then technically you can't get back on the bus until 30 mins after you sign off the first bus.  In theory there should be a contingency plan for when delays happen, maybe a spare driver or even longer breaks; but that would mean more money haha.
Completely understand that - but why are buses being left on stands in Park Lane? The wrong stands at that?

The same allegedly happens in Durham too.

It would be a lot easier for everyone if the buses were just left on the layover.
Site Administrator
(28 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm)palatine3833 wrote The problem with the 23s is that you only have half an hour between trips.  So say you are on 23A arr. 1252 then you go back out on 23B at 1327 - if you come in late from the first one then technically you can't get back on the bus until 30 mins after you sign off the first bus.  In theory there should be a contingency plan for when delays happen, maybe a spare driver or even longer breaks; but that would mean more money haha.
Completely understand that - but why are buses being left on stands in Park Lane? The wrong stands at that?

The same allegedly happens in Durham too.

It would be a lot easier for everyone if the buses were just left on the layover.
(28 Jan 2015, 8:16 am)Dan wrote Streetlite 1576 abandoned on Stand C in Park Lane, causing the 61 to relocate to Stand D and the 60 to Stand E...

He should of parked on Stand F since no buses go from that stand now... 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Jan 2015, 7:59 am)aureolin wrote And it's my morning X12 too. WiFi isnt working like. I've emailed Customer Services, but I'll not hold my breath!

Considering its not been launched yet, where exactly does it say Wifi is available on the X12/X2?

Whilst 'we' know Wifi is now fitted, its certianly not advertised as such yet, so what are the grounds for complaint?
(28 Jan 2015, 1:58 pm)RobinHood wrote Considering its not been launched yet, where exactly does it say Wifi is available on the X12/X2?

Whilst 'we' know Wifi is now fitted, its certianly not advertised as such yet, so what are the grounds for complaint?

Who's made a complaint like? I've dropped them a note for information, incase they were not aware.

It's broadcasting an SSID, so anyone with a smartphone is likely to notice it. There's the advertisement for the service...
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(28 Jan 2015, 2:02 pm)aureolin wrote Who's made a complaint like? I've dropped them a note for information, incase they were not aware.

It's broadcasting an SSID, so anyone with a smartphone is likely to notice it. There's the advertisement for the service...

I haven't been able to connect on the two occasions I've had 1443 where the network has been displayed but have been unable to connect.
(27 Jan 2015, 11:25 pm)Stuart Phin wrote Forgot to mention earlier on

4651 is back at darlington after it's trip to the engine shop

(27 Jan 2015, 11:39 pm)Malarkey wrote Think I might of Photographed that yesterday actually, will have a flick through my photos tomorrow to see if I did.
Just had a look through my photos and I didnt photograph 4651 on Monday, it was 4650 which I took a photo of along with 4643/4656/4657.
7508 was broken down in Bedlington around 4PM, not sure how long it had been there however, as both previous X21 journeys in that direction I had saw, and when I had a look at the live map the previous X22 journey was also okay.
Not sure about other Newcastle services, but the X21/22 looked like a mess around 5PM tonight, one X21 was running 40+ minutes late, and it was at Wansbeck Hospital when it should have been leaving Ashington on it's way back to Newcastle. A couple of X22's were also over 20/30 minutes late. 

All of these were just things I saw on the live map,  but it surely can't be that much out. (One of the buses would have been one I saw running late on its way to Newcastle about 3.30, unless there was a catastrophic amount of breakdowns)
Apparently the traffic lights at Regent Centre were off for a while which caused major delays. No Arriva staff to give any information to waiting passengers at Haymarket led to a few annoyed passengers.
From Arriva's Facebook:

Service Update. Services 1 and X1 between Darlington, Bishop Auckland and Crook/Tow Law are subject to severe delays due to a 5 vehicle accident at Redworth. We are trying to divert round the accident but the diversion route is backed up with heavy traffic

Just looked at the live map and seen a 1 running 42 minutes late.

Also no mention that this will have a knock on effect to the 5/5A! One is currently running 30 odd minutes late.

Also the X1 could have more struggles as Tow Law has had a fair bit of snow.
I saw pulsar 1416 in Darlington yesterday working on service 7 and sa w  that the seat backs had been left in there old colurs which seems to spoil the effect of the recover in E leather 
(29 Jan 2015, 10:30 am)upt50k wrote I saw pulsar 1416 in Darlington yesterday working on service 7 and sa w  that the seat backs had been left in there old colurs which seems to spoil the effect of the recover in E leather 

Yeah I've seen 1416 and thought the greeny bluey seat backs looked a bit ghastly.