Both every 20 mins?

Don't think we will see any massive changes

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
stagecoachbusdepot   19 Sep 2013, 10:35 pm
(19 Sep 2013, 10:13 pm)Michael wrote 56 - current route
X56 - Sunderland - Concord - Gateshead - Newcastle
Both every 20 mins?

Don't think we will see any massive changes

An express version of the 56 would clearly be an improvement on what we have at the minute (though not a massive one as you say - if it sees the X3/X36 chopped which would seem likely it actually equals fewer buses per hour if the 56/X56 followed a combined 10 min frequency as at present on the 56). Also, still doesn't do anything at all for the considerable proportion of the Sunderland population that live in Sunderland south/west, who would still have to go into Sunderland/Houghton/Washington and make a connection.
Michael   19 Sep 2013, 10:47 pm
Or they could just keep it is as the route is now?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Acky81   20 Sep 2013, 7:00 am
8243 South Tyne just left saltmeadows sounds awful
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   20 Sep 2013, 7:18 am
4906 has just entered Park Lane and will presumably replace the next WTX.
Michael   20 Sep 2013, 10:05 am
(19 Sep 2013, 9:26 pm)Daniel wrote We've had confirmation that an order has been placed for Wright Eclipse Geminis of the Volvo B9TL variety to be used on "Fab Fifty Six" service 56, and these will presumably be fitted with free Wi-Fi and plug sockets (like "TEN" and "Tyne Tees Xpress")...
Do we not think Go North East would use this to their advantage? Many people would prefer those benefits compared to a more frequent Metro that can take a shorter time.

I foresee service changes...

Sorry were going back.. where did u get the info of the confirmation (can't remember if someone said n here?)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   20 Sep 2013, 10:39 am
(20 Sep 2013, 10:05 am)Michael wrote Sorry were going back.. where did u get the info of the confirmation (can't remember if someone said n here?)

Believe it came from busmanT. Go through his posts and you will find it. Wink
Michael   20 Sep 2013, 10:55 am
(20 Sep 2013, 10:39 am)Daniel wrote Believe it came from busmanT. Go through his posts and you will find it. Wink

Ah thought so, sorry i wasn't being a noob, just couldn't remember.

Iv'e had a look back and can't see anything, When are these due?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   20 Sep 2013, 12:03 pm
Cheer's Smile
Signs in park lane say.. no feeding the birds

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   20 Sep 2013, 1:00 pm
Noted today...
20/20A
35/35A

Are all running in 2's...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   20 Sep 2013, 3:52 pm
5251 is now Blue, rather than red.
nk55   20 Sep 2013, 6:08 pm
56 is due to recieve deckers this year & 20/20A due to go decker begining of next year, also a further batch of ex london deckers off service 11, which is recieving the new nbfls, for upgrading X21 & X30/X31/X70/X71 which will see the w & v reg tridents leaving the fleet and the v reg B7s moving to spare/scholars.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
...   20 Sep 2013, 6:34 pm
Tbh i dont think the 20s are busy enough for deckers- they are busy at peak times but quiet the rest of the day. Only 8/12 of the Prince bishops fleet got refurbished. The 51/02 vehicles never got done and they are in a terrible state inside especially 4990.
Michael   20 Sep 2013, 6:48 pm
When are the ciatros getting here for the M1.. last i read on here they were in Coventry..

Any ideas about the streetlites, thought they were due early September.

I think i have to say, citaro sometimes u do.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   20 Sep 2013, 6:51 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 6:49 pm)Rob wrote Anything else that needs cleared up?

Crystal clear Rob, and we'll be sure to have this post archived in another place on the forum so people need not search for it themselves. Wink
Michael   20 Sep 2013, 6:55 pm
Cheers Rob,

Yea their is a few things...
Will we see new designed brands on all new buses?, i hope GNE is dropping the orange colour of the 56.... daft question tbh lol

I cant renemeber but i think it was the X7... cant renemeber

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   20 Sep 2013, 6:59 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 6:55 pm)Michael wrote Cheers Rob,

Yea their is a few things...
Will we see new designed brands on all new buses?, i hope GNE is dropping the orange colour of the 56.... daft question tbh lol

I cant renemeber but i think it was the X7... cant renemeber

I don't think the X7 requires so many vehicles Wink
Michael   20 Sep 2013, 7:00 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 6:59 pm)Rob wrote Basically yes, all of the buses arriving are different to those currently in service. The brand has to be updated to match the new style of the vehicle. If you are to ask if brand names will be changing, then it is a mixed answer. Some will change, some will stay the same.

Cheers Rob Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   20 Sep 2013, 7:01 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 6:59 pm)Daniel wrote I don't think the X7 requires so many vehicles Wink

Unless i read it wrong haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   20 Sep 2013, 7:14 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 7:04 pm)Andreos1 wrote Sorry to interrupt.

www.tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/82283/schoolgirl-inappropriately-touched-by-man-at-bus-station-police

Not working =(

Edit: Nvm i found it!

Sick "insert the swear word"

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   20 Sep 2013, 7:20 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 7:04 pm)Andreos1 wrote Sorry to interrupt.

www.tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/82283/schoolgirl-inappropriately-touched-by-man-at-bus-station-police

Is that not the same bloke that was caught CCTV on the 2A a few weeks back
Dan   20 Sep 2013, 7:23 pm
Working link:
http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/...ion-police
Adrian   20 Sep 2013, 7:30 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 7:20 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Is that not the same bloke that was caught CCTV on the 2A a few weeks back

Doesn't look like it.

It's a disgrace that these incidents are unfortunately becoming more and more common. I really think that the police, councils, schools and operators need to get together and come up with a real solution or action plan for the safety of minors on public transport.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
big mac   20 Sep 2013, 7:45 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 7:30 pm)aureolin wrote Doesn't look like it.

It's a disgrace that these incidents are unfortunately becoming more and more common. I really think that the police, councils, schools and operators need to get together and come up with a real solution or action plan for the safety of minors on public transport.

Did the 2A incident involve a child as well?
stagecoachbusdepot   20 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 7:30 pm)aureolin wrote Doesn't look like it.

On a positive note it is good that they aren't being shy in releasing CCTV images. Might make people think twice about not only this kind of vile behaviour but also mindless vandalism etc.
Adrian   20 Sep 2013, 7:56 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 7:45 pm)big mac wrote Did the 2A incident involve a child as well?

I'm sure the Police just referred to the victim as 'another passenger' in that instance. I'd hope it wasn't a child. I just feel we need to do more to protect the more vulnerable groups, as they're more likely to become a victim in such cases.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Acky81   20 Sep 2013, 8:30 pm
Regarding the 20. 4990 was a cast off from the Gateshead orbit 51/52 scrap it
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   20 Sep 2013, 10:49 pm
(20 Sep 2013, 6:49 pm)Rob wrote I best get on the telephone and find out why 2.5 million pound is missing.

Wright will need more than a production line, they will be building a factory up north for us next, no doubt it will be next door to the new riverside depot in preparation for the orders bound to be rolling through the doors as soon as it opens.

Lets get it right, on order:

11 Mercedes Citaro for MetroLINK, which due to arrive now, and enter service mid October at a date to be confirmed.

8 Wright Streetlite for Drifter and 8 Wright Streetlite for Saltwell Park, which are due to start arriving towards the end of October - Drifter variants first. They are 2 different lengths for those who like the details.

14 Optare Versa for Citylink, which are due to start arriving mid/late October.

12 Optare Solo SR for Venture, which are due to arriving mid November.

34 Volvo B9/Wright Gemini for Fab Fifty Six and Cobalt Clipper, which are due to start arriving late December.

From the initial arrival dates, it will take a few weeks for everything to arrive, be fitted with the key smart card readers, have blinds programmed, branded, tested and ready to go.

In terms of the additional 15 vehicles which could be arriving next year, details have not been confirmed. What I will say, is that there is 1 route which has had no change for a while, and a lot of you have speculated for a while that it will get upgrades before the Waggonway. That one!

Anything else that needs cleared up?

Possible new vehicles for the Lime? And in terms of the StreetLites lengths any details?
MrFozz   21 Sep 2013, 12:14 am
(20 Sep 2013, 7:56 pm)aureolin wrote I'm sure the Police just referred to the victim as 'another passenger' in that instance. I'd hope it wasn't a child. I just feel we need to do more to protect the more vulnerable groups, as they're more likely to become a victim in such cases.

How people think they can get away with shit like this in this day and age is beyond me, bus stations and buses are close to fully covered by CCTV Cameras, the one from the other week I got the impression it was an indecent exposure, but obviously cant say with any certainty. Hope the c**t gets caught soon
Pages (27)    116 17 1827