You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
Noticed it a few times now, but no idea if it is the same vehicle (too busy looking at the blind, rather than id).

The ex London Presidents on the 14, have Arnison Centre in capital letters, rather than the usual 'via' format of lower case.

It could just be the one vehicle, which I am seeing repeatedly, or a few have been done.
Pretty sure they all display Arnison Centre in capitals.
I think they are in capital letters on the Lolyne's too.
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(26 Sep 2014, 3:26 pm)Dan wrote 3891 re-entered service on DFDS today.
Will photogrsph that Tomorrow and what about 4949, has it re-entered Service as hoping it'll be out Tomorrow.
(26 Sep 2014, 3:41 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Will photogrsph that Tomorrow and what about 4949, has it re-entered Service as hoping it'll be out Tomorrow.

A DFDS trident has been on the NTL for the last few Saturdays. 
Site Administrator
(26 Sep 2014, 3:41 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Will photogrsph that Tomorrow and what about 4949, has it re-entered Service as hoping it'll be out Tomorrow.
Don't think so.
Thought you were going to the Open Doors Day?
(26 Sep 2014, 3:44 pm)Dan wrote Don't think so.
Thought you were going to the Open Doors Day?
Nope bought Fifa 15 Instead, but im going to Stockton on Sunday.

And Tom the Repainted one better be on the 327 Tomorrow.
(25 Sep 2014, 10:02 pm)Adam wrote Just noticed on the GNE fleetlist on their website that a few deckers have changed registration plates:

3866 is now 340 GUP
3867 is now 524 FUP
3891 is now CU 7661
3943 is now FCU 190

Does anyone know if 3890 will follow suit, resulting in all four DFDS buses having personalised plates?

3943 now has the new registration plates fitted showing FCU 190 when seen on the Scholars 819 this afternoon.
(26 Sep 2014, 4:06 pm)Dan wrote Do remember that the vehicle was previously fitted with flipdot displays and not LEDs...

And?
Site Administrator
(26 Sep 2014, 4:15 pm)Tom wrote And?

And it means that someone in the depot has probably forgotten to adjust the switch setting... I'm sure it'll be adjusted this evening...

The '?!?!?!?!?!?!?' was a bit of an exaggeration - come on... Tongue 
Go North East - Latest
3 Diamonds running together presumably because of the Gas leak on Percy Street:
5338 on 43
5290 on 44 and one has been regulated. Saw them running through Craghead around 10 mins ago.
4928 has broken down at Daisy Hill on an X25 to Langley Park.
(26 Sep 2014, 4:17 pm)Dan wrote And it means that someone in the depot has probably forgotten to adjust the switch setting... I'm sure it'll be adjusted this evening...

The '?!?!?!?!?!?!?' was a bit of an exaggeration - come on... Tongue 

It wasn't it looks horrendous!
Site Administrator
(26 Sep 2014, 4:25 pm)Tom wrote It wasn't it looks horrendous!

Goes without saying, but when there's a perfectly rational explanation for it...  Huh
(26 Sep 2014, 4:28 pm)Dan wrote Goes without saying, but when there's a perfectly rational explanation for it...  Huh

Well I didn't know that. 
(26 Sep 2014, 4:02 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote 3943 now has the new registration plates fitted showing FCU 190 when seen on the Scholars 819 this afternoon.

Seen 3866 on the 327 with its new plate today too
(26 Sep 2014, 5:53 pm)Adam wrote Seen 3866 on the 327 with its new plate today too

All of them have been done by the looks of it.
Site Administrator
(26 Sep 2014, 5:59 pm)Robert wrote All of them have been done by the looks of it.

Yup - the ones listed on the 'official' Go North East fleet list were done last night.
Quick question that some of our insiders might be able to answer.

When the 4 turns into the short 35a, why does it not go the same route as the 35a does during the day?
It runs as the 35a, but does a mixture of the 30a and 4.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(26 Sep 2014, 5:59 pm)Dan wrote Yup - the ones listed on the 'official' Go North East fleet list were done last night.

I've noticed that the reg plate 340 GUP is retained on 3866 wouldn't bet that in a million years I thought it would end up on 5291 or something like that as the reg plate did originate from Diamond I used to like that renown 4840 as it was the only one that had its own unique plate with the others being in the R reg category or W reg category 
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Marxista Fozzski
Re: Go North East - Latest
Heard a rumour earlier, a Deptford driver was telling me the StreteShites on the 60 may be getting replaced soon with Mercs replacing...I am taking it with a pinch of salt to be honest as bus drivers are usually as in the dark as the public in general...

Anyone else heard such a rumour latel
(28 Sep 2014, 9:09 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 5378 has a faulty front blind currently displaying

Hewor
- Fewster Sq

On the topic of blinds:

Olympian 3823's rear blind is now blank after been frozen to 'Not In Service' for god knows how long.
Some of the SimpliCity Versas are having few blind issues. At least two were not displaying the number at all but the destination was working fine. One was on the 61 on Tues, another was on 42's on the same day. Another, simplicity branded one has a malfunctioning blind, a bit like the purple had (ex drifter) examples, while one of those purple ones still had issues when I seen on it last Friday.

Meanwhile, was pleased to see 628 allocated to Fridays 701.
Site Administrator
(28 Sep 2014, 9:09 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 5378 has a faulty front blind currently displaying

Hewor
- Fewster Sq

Do you have a photo of this, Adam? Smile 
(26 Sep 2014, 7:05 pm)Andreos1 wrote Quick question that some of our insiders might be able to answer.

When the 4 turns into the short 35a, why does it not go the same route as the 35a does during the day?
It runs as the 35a, but does a mixture of the 30a and 4.

There's a story there - they should all be going the same way !  I've noticed the same as you though......