Notice: Undefined variable: captcha in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 15

Notice: Undefined variable: redirect_url in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/global.php(587) : eval()'d code on line 21
Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
Menu

Pages (47)    116 17 1847   
Aaron21   14 Oct 2023, 4:56 pm
Imagine being a part of the unite and reading what Ben is putting up calling you all names under the same saying you walked out of a deal. In my opinion it's no wonder they walked out. If I'm part of this deal and have another week of strikes to then see Ben saying I'm being unreasonable and not being fair to the drivers for them to come back with open arms for a deal. I'm gonna walk out.

This is just my opinion. Others may have another view
Rob44   14 Oct 2023, 5:03 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 4:53 pm)Adrian wrote And if this is indeed the case, nor should they.

If they're driving a company vehicle, then it's work and should be paid. Regardless of whether it's in service or not.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

As someone said on another forum airline piolets and steward/ess have been doing it for years - dont get paid until the doors lock and stop getting paid when doos open......... not sure you can compare the tow but I was supriosed to find out it was true.
Adrian   14 Oct 2023, 5:06 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 5:03 pm)Rob44 wrote As someone said on another forum airline piolets and steward/ess have been doing it for years - dont get paid until the doors lock and stop getting paid when doos open......... not sure you can compare the tow but I was supriosed to find out it was true.
That may well be the case, but does that make it right? Why should people have to perform work tasks in their own time?

We need to do more to stop this almost free reign of driving down working conditions. If a company desires to make more money, it shouldn't be at the expense of those working for it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Unber43   14 Oct 2023, 5:09 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 5:03 pm)Rob44 wrote As someone said on another forum airline piolets and steward/ess have been doing it for years - dont get paid until the doors lock and stop getting paid when doos open......... not sure you can compare the tow but I was supriosed to find out it was true.
But they never were paid for this, drivers were.

Maybe pilots and flight attendants should be, maybe from the time they arrive at their airport
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Coastliner700   14 Oct 2023, 5:11 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 10:41 am)Rob44 wrote a single 335 seems to be running in north tyneside

Same as last strike seem to run a few in North Tyneside 351/335/359 etc.. very strange choice
DeltaMan   14 Oct 2023, 5:33 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 5:06 pm)Adrian wrote That may well be the case, but does that make it right? Why should people have to perform work tasks in their own time?

We need to do more to stop this almost free reign of driving down working conditions. If a company desires to make more money, it shouldn't be at the expense of those working for it.

These types of terms are effectively grandfathered from the time of municipal ownership and pre-deregulation. (At a time when unions were far stronger I might add)

One has to assume that both the unions and companies that have such rules know that removing thorny issues, comes a price. Personally, between sign and sign off, the only part of any workday which should be unpaid is the meal break.
Rob44   14 Oct 2023, 5:44 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 5:06 pm)Adrian wrote That may well be the case, but does that make it right? Why should people have to perform work tasks in their own time?

100% agree. Just though it was an interesting point
Andreos1   14 Oct 2023, 5:48 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 5:11 pm)Coastliner700 wrote Same as last strike seem to run a few in North Tyneside 351/335/359 etc.. very strange choice

327 on too. 

Some poor bugger ended up with a broken B9. Alpha came after a good few hours

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   14 Oct 2023, 6:36 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 4:02 pm)Driver9*** wrote I've read on another forum that one of the conditions for the pay deal is not paying the drivers for time driven "out of service" first thing in the morning and late at night, is that true?

No, completely fictitious. Isn’t on the table and never was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andreos1   14 Oct 2023, 6:57 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 6:36 pm)Dan wrote No, completely fictitious. Isn’t on the table and never was.

What's the more ficticious? Bens claims or Unites?

Unber43   14 Oct 2023, 7:41 pm
i do wonder what the office workers are thinking of ben atm
MurdnunoC   14 Oct 2023, 7:49 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 7:41 pm)Unber43 wrote i do wonder what the office workers are thinking of ben atm
"Who's this f'n cock?" is a phrase that immediately springs to mind upon pondering your post.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ambassador   14 Oct 2023, 8:05 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 7:49 pm)MurdnunoC wrote "Who's this f'n cock?" is a phrase that immediately springs to mind upon pondering your post.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

I dunno, judging by non striking staff social media comments, they’re truly in the cult of personality. Lower and middle managers who’ll sell the granny to get a thank you pat off Ben and some token industry recognition for having a laugh at the strike or inside joke comments.

Gijlbert Management style lingering on and on…

The place is utterly full of incompetent over promoted middle managers with inept people management skills who’d last a month at most outside of GNE

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
mb134   14 Oct 2023, 8:16 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 8:05 pm)Ambassador wrote I dunno, judging by non striking staff social media comments, they’re truly in the cult of personality. Lower and middle managers who’ll sell the granny to get a thank you pat off Ben and some token industry recognition for having a laugh at the strike or inside joke comments.

Evidently some seriousness needs to be brought in at GNE, I think they'd be wise to take a similar approach to the video below in future meetings if they want to get the business into a good place again. 

Andreos1   14 Oct 2023, 8:37 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 8:16 pm)mb134 wrote Evidently some seriousness needs to be brought in at GNE, I think they'd be wise to take a similar approach to the video below in future meetings if they want to get the business into a good place again. 

No. Don't compare Ben and Riverside to a random office in Slough.

(14 Oct 2023, 8:05 pm)Ambassador wrote I dunno, judging by non striking staff social media comments, they’re truly in the cult of personality. Lower and middle managers who’ll sell the granny to get a thank you pat off Ben and some token industry recognition for having a laugh at the strike or inside joke comments.

The place is utterly full of incompetent over promoted middle managers with inept people management skills who’d last a month at most outside of GNE

But our very own Dan has been nominated for an award!

Storx   14 Oct 2023, 8:53 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 8:37 pm)Andreos1 wrote No. Don't compare Ben and Riverside to a random office in Slough.

That isn't a random office in Slough, old Salmon pants is an absolute clown, would fit in at GNE tbh.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ambassador   14 Oct 2023, 9:01 pm
(14 Oct 2023, 8:37 pm)Andreos1 wrote

But our very own Dan has been nominated for an award!

I wish Dan the very best and I’d like to be clear his socials are squeaky clean and professional, the odd slip but we all do that! As much as I enjoy mocking him and I know, he does the same back…It’s clear he’s dedicated to public transport and the region and that will clearly help his career as passion for a job is half the battle. He’d probably tell you himself he’s not fully qualified, I don’t think anyone ever is really but there’s a desire and passion and that will help growth

My wish for him is that he gets strong, competent leadership to shape and support his development and from the outside, and I don’t mean Roger French and best Bearded Impressions.  I don’t think that’s there at GNE at the moment and I think that’s our whole problem. Rudderless leadership and inexperienced leadership but it’s not a hard fix. 

There’ll be a fall guy in all of this, distance yourself from Ben and those Service Managers like Will S etc who seem intent on committing social media career suicide

Right back to bring mean

NEbushopper   15 Oct 2023, 1:24 pm

The sne 6/7 was very cosy heading out of metrocentre yesterday and the gct 67 seemed very busy aswell.
pbjd   15 Oct 2023, 4:03 pm
(15 Oct 2023, 1:24 pm)NEbushopper wrote The sne 6/7 was very cosy heading out of metrocentre yesterday and the gct 67 seemed very busy aswell.

I did the 1556 7 from Metrocentre yesterday and left F&S from the interchange with over 70 on, had to drive past people at Yellow Car Park and Gala Bingo.

Aaron21   16 Oct 2023, 10:23 am
There are a few metro replacement coming up at the end of the month and beginning of November. I'm guessing if gne win the contract. Gne must cover it or have to give it someone else?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Driver9***   16 Oct 2023, 11:46 am
(16 Oct 2023, 10:23 am)Aaron21 wrote There are a few metro replacement coming up at the end of the month and beginning of November. I'm guessing if gne win the contract. Gne must cover it or have to give it someone else?

Cover it with what? Every member of their workforce is on all out strike then!
DaveFromUpNorth   16 Oct 2023, 8:13 pm
Sub contract it out

You can win a contract and then subcontract for other operators to run the service on your behalf...

Megabucks has been doing it for years and so has Caledonian
Dan   17 Oct 2023, 8:36 am
(16 Oct 2023, 8:13 pm)DaveFromUpNorth wrote Sub contract it out

You can win a contract and then subcontract for other operators to run the service on your behalf...

Megabucks has been doing it for years and so has Caledonian

Only if pre-arranged.

Laws changed earlier this year regarding the use of agency staff and sub-contractors during industrial action.

Panasonic44   18 Oct 2023, 5:26 am
Just curious to know why 351 is running?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NEbushopper   18 Oct 2023, 6:21 am
(18 Oct 2023, 5:26 am)Panasonic44 wrote Just curious to know why 351 is running?

I think they have enough agency drivers. They are only running theses because they could get heavy fines.
54APhotography   18 Oct 2023, 7:36 am
(18 Oct 2023, 5:26 am)Panasonic44 wrote Just curious to know why 351 is running?

Agency drivers, Nexus contract.
Rob44   18 Oct 2023, 8:37 am
(18 Oct 2023, 6:21 am)NEbushopper wrote I think they have enough agency drivers. They are only running theses because they could get heavy fines.

What about the 35, 28 and 29 - they are contracted but dont see them runing?
Adrian   18 Oct 2023, 8:42 am
(18 Oct 2023, 8:37 am)Rob44 wrote What about the 35, 28 and 29 - they are contracted but dont see them runing?
Dan has literally posted the answer a couple posts above.

The agency workers for the North Tyneside Rockets already had that assignment, ages before any strike was announced. They're therefore allowed to continue, legally.

The law prevents agency workers being hired in for the purpose of covering striking workers.

The law Dan refers to, it has always been in place, even going back to the TULR Act in the early 90s. The Govt recently tried to remove it, but it was overturned by the High Court this year.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ambassador   18 Oct 2023, 8:54 am
10 day countdown to the all out strike

Rob44   18 Oct 2023, 9:22 am
(18 Oct 2023, 8:42 am)Adrian wrote Dan has literally posted the answer a couple posts above.

The agency workers for the North Tyneside Rockets already had that assignment, ages before any strike was announced. They're therefore allowed to continue, legally.

The law prevents agency workers being hired in for the purpose of covering striking workers.

The law Dan refers to, it has always been in place, even going back to the TULR Act in the early 90s. The Govt recently tried to remove it, but it was overturned by the High Court this year.

So if the indefinite strike goes ahead and the assignments run out the buses would cease to operate?

Also, if Nexus take the fares from these services surely they cant be too happy that GNE are telling the public no services ( bar schools) will run yet they are running some rockets in North Tynside - if there was ever a waste of fuel this seems to be it
Pages (47)    116 17 1847