You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Driving
(29 May 2014, 7:59 pm)Dan wrote Found the pic when I was going through adding history details for the B10BLEs, and later discussed the driver with Liam.

Didn't just manage to find him just like that! Tongue

I've seen him do the Highwayman's, the 96/64s etc. If he was with Sunderland Rd, he must have learnt a couple of Winlaton routes if I saw him yesterday on 5281 on the Blaydon Racers?

Do they just have random rotas at Riverside, or is it possible he was just picking up overtime?
(29 May 2014, 8:02 pm)Marcus wrote I've seen him do the Highwayman's, the 96/64s etc. If he was with Sunderland Rd, he must have learnt a couple of Winlaton routes if I saw him yesterday on 5281 on the Blaydon Racers?

Do they just have random rotas at Riverside, or is it possible he was just picking up overtime?

Used to always be on the Durham Road locals when I first became aware of him in early 90's.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(29 May 2014, 8:04 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Used to always be on the Durham Road locals when I first became aware of him in early 90's.

There's that many things I've seen him on I can't name them. He obviously must have been at Gateshead a long time; when I was waiting for Tom (long story) yesterday in G'head Metro he got off a Metro train then walked up to the Interchange and began on the 49s
(29 May 2014, 8:02 pm)Marcus wrote I've seen him do the Highwayman's, the 96/64s etc. If he was with Sunderland Rd, he must have learnt a couple of Winlaton routes if I saw him yesterday on 5281 on the Blaydon Racers?

When Sunderland Rd and Winlaton merged, the 96/64 rota (along with 97/98's) was merged with the 49's hence why he is on the Blaydon Racers as well.
(23 Jun 2014, 7:26 pm)Marcus wrote Well I wish you luck Smile

I trust you know a few routes already? I know the route learning is offered in the driver training, but in my opinion it always helps to have a bit of experience with buses.

Thanks. I will brush up on my routes!
I'm thinking of applying for Go north east, I've been going through the application but I have a query about it. it asks if you are working or not, well I'm not unemployed and I'm not working, as I am a carer for my son, which means when it comes to the employment details I don't have any. I also don't have any references for work. if anyone could help and point me in the right direction I will be most grateful
(05 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm)Nicholas Perry wrote I'm thinking of applying for Go north east, I've been going through the application but I have a query about it. it asks if you are working or not, well I'm not unemployed and I'm not working, as I am a carer for my son, which means when it comes to the employment details I don't have any. I also don't have any references for work. if anyone could help and point me in the right direction I will be most grateful

It may be worth speaking to GNE and explaining the situation.
Otherwise, there is some advice on the NHS website (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-car...s-a-carer/)

Without telling you what to do (I have no idea what specific circumstances you are in), short-term volunteering may help with the references.
It may be possible to work it around any other responsibilities and it could help get over the hurdle you have regarding references.

Good luck!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(05 Feb 2018, 6:09 pm)Andreos1 wrote It may be worth speaking to GNE and explaining the situation.
Otherwise, there is some advice on the NHS website (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-car...s-a-carer/)

Without telling you what to do (I have no idea what specific circumstances you are in), short-term volunteering may help with the references.
It may be possible to work it around any other responsibilities and it could help get over the hurdle you have regarding references.

Good luck!

thanks ill give it a try