You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Additional Coasters
(19 Aug 2023, 8:06 pm)Unber43 wrote Well its a PVR of 14, might aswell paint 15 tbh

I’d have thought more red the better as no doubt they’re going to end up switched around with the Streetlites on the new 35x routes.
Site Administrator
Additional Coasters
(19 Aug 2023, 7:03 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Is 5454 and 5460 the only two extras to go blue or is there more to do?

https://flic.kr/p/2oH9STN

They are the only two extra buses for now, but enough will be painted to meet the higher PVR eventually.

For now, there are greater priorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30 Aug 2023, 2:17 pm)Unber43 wrote I wish on the side it would say Coaster 1 instead of just the destinations it goes too

Metrocentre is missing too, wonder if that is in preparation for when it inevitably gets a route change again.
Additional Coasters
If any inclusion of Metrocentre was done, I'd hope it would be to advise customers to continue to change onto the X66 at Gateshead given how much quicker it is.

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk
(30 Aug 2023, 2:17 pm)Unber43 wrote I wish on the side it would say Coaster 1 instead of just the destinations it goes too

Yeah that’s a massive oversight on all route brand designs that don’t include the number. 
When they’re covering on another route it can cause confusion to unfamiliar travellers as it’s not clear the destinations listed within the livery don’t apply to that service.
(30 Aug 2023, 5:43 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Yeah that’s a massive oversight on all route brand designs that don’t include the number. 
When they’re covering on another route it can cause confusion to unfamiliar travellers as it’s not clear the destinations listed within the livery don’t apply to that service.

Doesn't it cause an equal amount of confusion? If your bus has X66 Metrocentre on the front, but Coaster 1 Whitley Bay, etc on the side, where is it going to?

I can't see how the inclusion/omission of the service number from the branding, makes the slightest bit of difference here.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(30 Aug 2023, 4:11 pm)S813 FVK wrote If any inclusion of Metrocentre was done, I'd hope it would be to advise customers to continue to change onto the X66 at Gateshead given how much quicker it is.

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk

A fair comment in relation to passengers prior to and including Gateshead, but what about those from Bensham/Lobley Hill/Whickham travelling to the Metrocentre? On an attractively branded bus and no mention within the branding of the ultimate destination, a destination which is a draw in its own right.
(31 Aug 2023, 11:55 am)streetdeckfan wrote Why waste money on a Metrocentre vinyl when it says it on the display right next to it anyway?

I agree, that's my personal opinion on branding as a whole.  But in this case, if you're going to do it, I don't get why you'd brand it and ignore a whole section of route?  If you're a punter in Lobley Hill or Whickham for example, surely the Metrocentre is a more likely journey than Byker, Wallsend or Whitley Bay?  The Green Arrows made reference to the Metrocentre, why not this?
(31 Aug 2023, 9:31 am)Adrian wrote Doesn't it cause an equal amount of confusion? If your bus has X66 Metrocentre on the front, but Coaster 1 Whitley Bay, etc on the side, where is it going to?

I can't see how the inclusion/omission of the service number from the branding, makes the slightest bit of difference here.

Agree a route branded bus covering on another route is confusing, hence why everything should just be corporate red to keep things simple.
My point was when route branding is designed the sensible thing would be to include the service number within the livery beside the destinations, therefore at least when a Coaster is on the X66 for example, you can see that Whitley Bay etc apply to service 1, not X66.