Menu

Pages (2)    1 2
Lewispark1509   25 May 2024, 7:27 pm
(25 May 2024, 12:53 pm)V514DFT wrote There is always our very own lovely Dan a Northstar

Never even met him but after hearing a lot of stories about him he doesn't seem like a nice bloke at all.
Storx   25 May 2024, 8:06 pm
(25 May 2024, 3:21 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Buses running late, or not turning up has been happening for years in fact it would have been happening since the bus was invented and it's not a problem unique to Go North East. Least in the days of modern technology you know if it's going to turn up or not. So no matter how many letters you write to Nexus etc whining that this bus was 1 minute and 25 seconds late, it won't change a damn thing. Anything and everything can make a bus run late whether intentional or not. Just accept the fact it's something you cannot control and move on, trust me from my own experience it's less stressful.

Obviously we'll never know the answer but it'll be interesting to compare the differences from now to say 10 / 20 year ago. I know the 363/364/X24/X25 used to be absolutely notorious for bad timetabling back in the day and so was the 308.

Ironic because both are as bad as ever and it's the exact same places; South Gosforth / Peter Barratts / Corner House / Whitley Bay.
R852 PRG   26 May 2024, 7:18 am
(25 May 2024, 7:27 pm)Lewispark1509 wrote Never even met him but after hearing a lot of stories about him he doesn't seem like a nice bloke at all.

Don't be such a tease. Do tell us more.
Lewispark1509   26 May 2024, 8:55 am
(26 May 2024, 7:18 am)R852 PRG wrote Don't be such a tease. Do tell us more.

Late last year when both GNE and Stagecoach were both doing 901's down Heworth, one of my good friends at Walkergate (not gonna name drop him so we're gonna call him John for now), was waiting layover time at Heworth when Dan approached him. Dan tried to get John to do his running board (John assumes it was because it was a busier run and Dan wanted out of it), but John rightly refused and said "you don't tell me what runs to do, my running board tells me what runs to do". This touched a few of Dan's buttons and made him throw a tantrum saying he would report John. John laughed and said "do it" and closed his doors on Dan and just sat there, like he said himself, until he was due out on his own run. John said the depot got the complaint, but everyone in the Stagecoach depot was just making fun of Dan because of it.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   26 May 2024, 9:20 am
(26 May 2024, 8:55 am)Lewispark1509 wrote Late last year when both GNE and Stagecoach were both doing 901's down Heworth, one of my good friends at Walkergate (not gonna name drop him so we're gonna call him John for now), was waiting layover time at Heworth when Dan approached him. Dan tried to get John to do his running board (John assumes it was because it was a busier run and Dan wanted out of it), but John rightly refused and said "you don't tell me what runs to do, my running board tells me what runs to do". This touched a few of Dan's buttons and made him throw a tantrum saying he would report John. John laughed and said "do it" and closed his doors on Dan and just sat there, like he said himself, until he was due out on his own run. John said the depot got the complaint, but everyone in the Stagecoach depot was just making fun of Dan because of it.

Sorry Lewis, but I think that story is as fictional as the name you’ve given your friend…

Whilst it isn’t uncommon for drivers to swap duties when they work for the same company, it simply wouldn’t happen between two different operators.

Funny to hear either way! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shrek   26 May 2024, 9:53 am
(25 May 2024, 8:06 pm)Storx wrote Obviously we'll never know the answer but it'll be interesting to compare the differences from now to say 10 / 20 year ago. I know the 363/364/X24/X25 used to be absolutely notorious for bad timetabling back in the day and so was the 308.

Ironic because both are as bad as ever and it's the exact same places; South Gosforth / Peter Barratts / Corner House / Whitley Bay.

I remember back in the late 90s and early 2000s sitting on the 44 for more than half an hour before we'd manage to get out of Newcastle as the traffic was that bad. That was a weekly occurrence for me on a Friday.
Rob44   26 May 2024, 9:59 am
(26 May 2024, 9:53 am)Shrek wrote I remember back in the late 90s and early 2000s sitting on the 44 for more than half an hour before we'd manage to get out of Newcastle as the traffic was that bad. That was a weekly occurrence for me on a Friday.

Going back to the rigg i used to get on the 44 at the Co-op then at the bus stop near the Odeon. Always felt i was getting more for my money spending 20 minutes getting through the city Centre to Haymarket.
Thomas12   26 May 2024, 10:08 am
(26 May 2024, 9:20 am)Dan wrote Sorry Lewis, but I think that story is as fictional as the name you’ve given your friend…

Whilst it isn’t uncommon for drivers to swap duties when they work for the same company, it simply wouldn’t happen between two different operators.

Funny to hear either way! [emoji4]

The people or person who they know at Walkergate seem to talk a lot of nonsense...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Storx   26 May 2024, 10:43 am
(26 May 2024, 9:53 am)Shrek wrote I remember back in the late 90s and early 2000s sitting on the 44 for more than half an hour before we'd manage to get out of Newcastle as the traffic was that bad. That was a weekly occurrence for me on a Friday.

Aye not surprised, it used to be bloody awful. Sure some have some rose tinted goggles where everything was perfect and traffic has just appeared the past few years or so (or more importantly are too young).

Tuesdays and Thursdays were always the worst aswell, why who knows and sitting on a 10 year old Cityzen with water leaking down the windows which stunk of damp or alternatively some ex London cast off which had enough leg room for a dwarf didn't exactly make things better.

Ignoring the driver issues, buses are much better nowadays (from a passenger perspective) really. Arriva, in particular, around 2006 - 2009 were especially bad.
MurdnunoC   26 May 2024, 10:54 am
(25 May 2024, 7:27 pm)Lewispark1509 wrote Never even met him but after hearing a lot of stories about him he doesn't seem like a nice bloke at all.

I believe you. I once witnessed him munching on pick n' mix whilst filling his cup up to the brim at Wilko. No wonder they went bust. Never trusted him after that.
Dan   26 May 2024, 10:56 am
(26 May 2024, 10:54 am)MurdnunoC wrote I believe you. I once witnessed him munching on pick n' mix whilst filling his cup up to the brim at Wilko. No wonder they went bust. Never trusted him after that.

You savage! You are going to destroy my reputation by revealing secrets like this.

northern156   26 May 2024, 11:07 am
He once made me crash my own car in order to avoid meeting him.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   26 May 2024, 11:13 am
(26 May 2024, 11:07 am)northern156 wrote He once made me crash my own car in order to avoid meeting him.

Looks like Lewispark1509 has opened a can of worms here.

I wonder how many more people that wheelin'-dealin', pick n' mix stealin', dirty son of a gun has managed to wrong on the forum?
Andreos1   26 May 2024, 12:06 pm
(26 May 2024, 11:13 am)MurdnunoC wrote Looks like Lewispark1509 has opened a can of worms here.

I wonder how many more people that wheelin'-dealin', pick n' mix stealin', dirty son of a gun has managed to wrong on the forum?

I've heard he doesn't let old ladies on the bus at 9.29am.

Once, Dan was driving, I saw him let an old war hero get up to the doors of the bus and just as he did, Dan closed the doors, shouted 'so long sucker' and drove off.
However, as he pulled away too enthusiastically, he clipped the wing mirror on a tree and watched in horror as it fell off. 

The Metro Replacement incident, Northern156 crashing his car and your story about him single-handedly bankrupting Wilkos, is just the tip of the Nasty Daniel iceberg.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
V514DFT   26 May 2024, 3:49 pm
(26 May 2024, 11:07 am)northern156 wrote He once made me crash my own car in order to avoid meeting him.

He once came over to me and snipped the line on my balloon then ran away laughing

Kind Regards
Tez
omnicity4659   26 May 2024, 4:42 pm
He didn't wave back at me when I waved at him driving.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DaveFromUpNorth   26 May 2024, 5:56 pm
I sent Dan an email and he replied? That can't be a bad thing surely?
Rapidsnap   26 May 2024, 8:26 pm
I photoed Dan driving and he caused my camera to explode with his psychic powers.
Rob44   27 May 2024, 10:52 am
(26 May 2024, 8:26 pm)Rapidsnap wrote I photoed Dan driving and he caused my camera to explode with his psychic powers.

Regarding his psychic power he once convinced everyone on here that small independent operators were the work of the devil, especially if they didn't have the appetite run " commercial services" like GNE or ANE. Then to make us all look stupid he began to run his own small independent bus company with no commercial services!!   I feel violated!
Dan   27 May 2024, 11:00 am
(27 May 2024, 10:52 am)Rob44 wrote Regarding his psychic power he once convinced everyone on here that small independent operators were the work of the devil, especially if they didn't have the appetite run " commercial services" like GNE or ANE. Then to make us all look stupid he began to run his own small independent bus company with no commercial services!!   I feel violated!

No commercial bus services, eh? Stay tuned…![emoji6]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   27 May 2024, 1:05 pm
(27 May 2024, 11:00 am)Dan wrote No commercial bus services, eh? Stay tuned…![emoji6]

Will do, can't wait!!!
Andreos1   27 May 2024, 7:41 pm
(27 May 2024, 11:00 am)Dan wrote No commercial bus services, eh? Stay tuned…![emoji6]

Don't be such a tease. Do tell us more.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
mb134   27 May 2024, 9:05 pm
(27 May 2024, 7:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote Don't be such a tease. Do tell us more.

Can only assume it's a Coast Road express service, obviously can't be an all stops service because they are famously unable to handle the slip roads like the Olympians could.
Ianthegoon   28 May 2024, 5:22 am
(27 May 2024, 9:05 pm)mb134 wrote Can only assume it's a Coast Road express service, obviously can't be an all stops service because they are famously unable to handle the slip roads like the Olympians could.

Don't forget, though, that it absolutely has to serve Hadrian Park and Wiltshire Drive - so much untapped potential in those places .....
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DaveFromUpNorth   28 May 2024, 11:25 am
(28 May 2024, 5:22 am)Ianthegoon wrote Don't forget, though, that it absolutely has to serve Hadrian Park and Wiltshire Drive - so much untapped potential in those places .....

But that will delay the service ? 

After all Wiltshire only adds 3mins to a service and 3 mins for Hadrian Park  for a service  serving around 750-1000 chimney pots is not bad really
V514DFT   28 May 2024, 1:45 pm
And dont forget it must work so the 22 can be split to keep somebody happy
Thomas12   30 May 2024, 7:08 pm
An example is today, 5458 and 8313 aren’t tracking on the 317 yet have operated every trip. Bustimes would suggest several trips are missing, so don’t believe that.
Pages (2)    1 2