Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3538
Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations

Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations

ultralow
Unregistered
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
2 ex magic bus Rl's from Manchester have been sent to Lancaster for service apparently.
Site Administrator
(13 Oct 2013, 3:54 pm)ultralow wrote 2 ex magic bus Rl's from Manchester have been sent to Lancaster for service apparently.

That's true - see post above.
"16793 (P723GND) - Stagecoach Manchester to Morecambe
16795 (P725GND) - Stagecoach Manchester to Morecambe"
Not sure if anyone was aware, but 16664 is now in a rather smart Stagecoach Stripes livery, photo below:

© cms_Cumberland

[Image: 10366013516_f88b5ce7ab_s.jpg]

Additionally, the new ''Winter Connection'' brochure is now available! It can be viewed here
(24 Oct 2013, 5:01 pm)Tom wrote Not sure if anyone was aware, but 16664 is now in a rather smart Stagecoach Stripes livery, photo below:

© cms_Cumberland

[Image: 10366013516_f88b5ce7ab_s.jpg]

Additionally, the new ''Winter Connection'' brochure is now available! It can be viewed here

That has been like that for a number of years.
(24 Oct 2013, 5:26 pm)Kuyoyo wrote That has been like that for a number of years.

I wasn't aware, cheers for pointing that out Smile
(10 Nov 2013, 11:24 am)Kuyoyo wrote A new look for the Darts and Solos in the Lakes next year - 34679 is the first painted into 'Lakes' livery, it is to be followed by 34685 and 47721/2 (Photo and information @ Lee Wardle)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/10774961256/

It looks good, will it have pictures of the lakes on?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Nov 2013, 11:26 am)Michael wrote It looks good, will it have pictures of the lakes on?

I'd imagine it will be like the 555 livery. But yeah, looks smart, however will never beat B10M's. They are totally amazing!
Site Administrator
(10 Nov 2013, 8:28 am)Richard Smiles wrote Following on from my Stagecoach North East (Busways & Transit), Fleet Lists, I have recently started producing a Stagecoach in Cumbria & North Lancashire Fleet List. A copy of this is attached.

My personal Thanks must go to Mr Lee Paul Wardle for his help & assistance, in putting together this publication.

Fleet movements in Period 7 are as follows:

16118 (R118XNO): Stagecoach Highlands to Cumbria & Nth Lancs (Reserve)
16119 (R119XNO): Stagecoach Highlands to Cumbria & Nth Lancs (Reserve)
16734 (N734LTN): Barrow (Reserve) to Lillyhall (Reserve)
17014 (S814BWC): Kendal to Kendal (Reserve)
17015 (S815BWC): Kendal to Kendal (Reserve)
17016 (S816BWC): Kendal to Kendal (Reserve)
17217 (V217MEV): Carlisle to Carlisle (Reserve)
20960 (R960XVM): Ancillary to Carlisle (Disposal)
20965 (R965XVM): Carlisle Ancillary
22121 (S121TRJ): Kendal to Kendal (Reserve)
22141 (S141TRJ): Kendal to Kendal (Reserve)
46690 (SP54EGF): Stagecoach Highlands to Carlisle (Reserve)
52626 (S796KRM): Carlisle (Reserve) to Carlisle
90918 (YC63UAY): LEX Leasing Company to New to Barrow
91735 (KU60RRZ): Barrow to Returned to LEX Leasing
(10 Nov 2013, 4:55 pm)Dan wrote Fleet movements in Period 7 are as follows:

Thanks for this Mate, my mate owns R896 XVM (Fully Preserved) and likes to keep up with where the rest of the batch is.

for a
(10 Nov 2013, 4:55 pm)Dan wrote Fleet movements in Period 7 are as follows:

Thanks for this Mate, my mate owns R896 XVM (Fully Preserved) and likes to keep up with where the rest of the batch is.

for ayone whos instrested 896 will be at the dewsbury rally on sunday!
Site Administrator
34709/10 have lost their heart branding recently.
18357 currently at Smiles (Newcastle) for a Euro 5 engine replacement.
With thanks to Lee Wardle for the information.
The Summer Timetables will be coming out soon, so anyone one have any predictions on what the summer timetables will be like this year? Last year there were a couple of surprises, especially the 800!
(13 Feb 2014, 6:19 pm)Tom wrote The Summer Timetables will be coming out soon, so anyone one have any predictions on what the summer timetables will be like this year? Last year there were a couple of surprises, especially the 800!

My prediction is competition from Reays on all of the major summer routes in Cumbria (554 weekend and bank holiday registered) which will no doubt result in ongoing timetable changes. I also expect Reays to pick up some more of the secured services in Cumbria. I expect and hope that Stagecoach will come up with some innovative ticketing options to deal with the completion from Reays.
Site Administrator
I expect it will be an interesting year for Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancs, with investment on the cards. The cascades will be interesting too.
(13 Feb 2014, 7:15 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote My prediction is competition from Reays on all of the major summer routes in Cumbria (554 weekend and bank holiday registered) which will no doubt result in ongoing timetable changes. I also expect Reays to pick up some more of the secured services in Cumbria. I expect and hope that Stagecoach will come up with some innovative ticketing options to deal with the completion from Reays.

Yeah, good points. I'd like to see more regular times on the 77 and 508 introduced too, as they, in particular the 77 seem quite busy.
(13 Feb 2014, 7:17 pm)Tom wrote Yeah, good points. I'd like to see more regular times on the 77 and 508 introduced too, as they, in particular the 77 seem quite busy.

77 would benefit from an increase in service frequency on weekends due to capacity problems. I guess the challenging route prevents the use of anything bigger than the solo so an increase in frequency looks like the best option. I was left standing at Seatoller in June when the 77 was full to capacity fortunately I only had a short wait for the 78 but anyone at the Slate Mine would not have the option of the 78 or 78R.
(13 Feb 2014, 7:55 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote 77 would benefit from an increase in service frequency on weekends due to capacity problems. I guess the challenging route prevents the use of anything bigger than the solo so an increase in frequency looks like the best option. I was left standing at Seatoller in June when the 77 was full to capacity fortunately I only had a short wait for the 78 but anyone at the Slate Mine would not have the option of the 78 or 78R.

Yeah, good point.
Site Administrator
(13 Feb 2014, 7:55 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote 77 would benefit from an increase in service frequency on weekends due to capacity problems. I guess the challenging route prevents the use of anything bigger than the solo so an increase in frequency looks like the best option. I was left standing at Seatoller in June when the 77 was full to capacity fortunately I only had a short wait for the 78 but anyone at the Slate Mine would not have the option of the 78 or 78R.

I'd personally like to see a Solo SR on the 77. Don't like the older Solos so much, but the SRs are a lot better.
I'd imagine the cost could be justified because the loadings are pretty good.
(13 Feb 2014, 8:02 pm)Dan wrote I'd personally like to see a Solo SR on the 77. Don't like the older Solos so much, but the SRs are a lot better.
I'd imagine the cost could be justified because the loadings are pretty good.

Looks a lovely service too! - Very scenic.

And yeah, a Solo SR would be a option. I'd also like to see next stop announcemnts and interior branding on the Stagecoach services (for example 555, 599 and 77/78) as there are lots of tourists in the Lake District, and also could get some profit advertising.
(13 Feb 2014, 8:10 pm)Tom wrote Looks a lovely service too! - Very scenic.

And yeah, a Solo SR would be a option. I'd also like to see next stop announcemnts and interior branding on the Stagecoach services (for example 555, 599 and 77/78) as there are lots of tourists in the Lake District, and also could get some profit advertising.

Am I right in thinking the two Solos used on the 77 were specifically set up to deal with the demands of the route?

The 599 has live commentary on the Tridents of various sights and the main stopping points. The 555 is a high quality link and gets very busy even on poor weather days.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(13 Feb 2014, 8:40 pm)tyresmoke wrote Am I right in thinking the two Solos used on the 77 were specifically set up to deal with the demands of the route?

The 599 has live commentary on the Tridents of various sights and the main stopping points. The 555 is a high quality link and gets very busy even on poor weather days.

Yeah, the 555 is always very busy. Even the summer extras from Grasmere/Keswick to Kendal are always full!
(13 Feb 2014, 8:40 pm)tyresmoke wrote Am I right in thinking the two Solos used on the 77 were specifically set up to deal with the demands of the route?

Yes, 47721/2 were specially built for the 77/77A with a specially adapted rear axle to cross the Honister Pass.
(13 Feb 2014, 7:15 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote My prediction is competition from Reays on all of the major summer routes in Cumbria (554 weekend and bank holiday registered) which will no doubt result in ongoing timetable changes. I also expect Reays to pick up some more of the secured services in Cumbria. I expect and hope that Stagecoach will come up with some innovative ticketing options to deal with the completion from Reays.

The only problem is, is that Reays registered all their 2014 summer work, well before Christmas - which they haven't got any OT's for. Which has given SC plenty of time to pounce and plan their new summer season stuff.

Reays pulled out of the 34/35 which they took off the council too. They're service 36 and 60 has gone down to 1 PVR. Then they sell buses, to realise they don't have enough so acquire stuff on loan. Legit...

They have recently accused Stagecoach of running them to the ground, after Stagecoach added extra journeys on its 38 service ahead of their 500 service. Which was exactly what they did with the SC 300. They then run to the papers just because they are "local" and can't stand competition...
(13 Feb 2014, 9:43 pm)mattdw92 wrote The only problem is, is that Reays registered all their 2014 summer work, well before Christmas - which they haven't got any OT's for. Which has given SC plenty of time to pounce and plan their summer services.

Reays pulled out of the 34/35 which they took off the council too. They're service 36 and 60 has gone down to 1 PVR. Then they sell buses, to realise they don't have enough so acquire stuff on loan. Legit...

Reays do make me laugh!

So what are Reays operating this year?
554 Wigton - Keswick
555 Keswick - Bowness
78 Keswick - Seatoller

No "R's" on them this year and ridic numbers to start with that clash to different destinations. Only Reays...

Timetables will probably be like this when they are released, and the carry on will start again....
(13 Feb 2014, 9:43 pm)mattdw92 wrote They have recently accused Stagecoach of running them to the ground, after Stagecoach added extra journeys on its 38 service ahead of their 500 service. Which was exactly what they did with the SC 300. They then run to the papers just because they are "local" and can't stand competition...

(13 Feb 2014, 8:58 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Yes, 47721/2 were specially built for the 77/77A with a specially adapted rear axle to cross the Honister Pass.

Increased ground clearance with an altered rear bumper too, also larger diameter wheels. They go like stink!
(13 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm)mattdw92 wrote 554 Wigton - Keswick
555 Keswick - Bowness
78 Keswick - Seatoller

No "R's" on them this year and ridic numbers to start with that clash to different destinations. Only Reays...

Timetables will probably be like this when they are released, and the carry on will start again....

Oh dear... No 77 (Keswick-Cockermouth) then?
(13 Feb 2014, 10:01 pm)Tom wrote Oh dear... No 77 (Keswick-Cockermouth) then?

Not registered at the time with rest of summer stuff. They sold all their Solos, just have YN53YHJ left - in fact the Bike Solo was the first on to go up for sale if I recall. They still have their SR's, not that they operate the routes the Green Bus Funding was got for...

Nearing the start of summer season so they'll have to get their skates on if they are planning something.