You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Weardale
(21 Mar 2014, 9:09 am)Scott wrote No mention of either as yet in Buses fleetnews, although I am sure I have seen a T reg coach in full fleet livery, but not sure if it is the one you are reffering to.

The minicoach is the penultimate Plaxton Cheetah to be built - the last one is still in build and is also for Weardale.

The Javelin is now based at Consett; there are two Panther bodied B10s at Crook usually. There are no plans to paint the Javelin just yet owing to the immaculate condition of it.
(21 Mar 2014, 12:21 pm)RGR756V wrote The minicoach is the penultimate Plaxton Cheetah to be built - the last one is still in build and is also for Weardale.

The Javelin is now based at Consett; there are two Panther bodied B10s at Crook usually. There are no plans to paint the Javelin just yet owing to the immaculate condition of it.

Weardale also have a former Stanley Travel Merc Minibus now with the Weardale Travel Vinyls applied.
(11 Apr 2014, 7:06 pm)BUSFAN wrote Weardale have another former Parrys Vanhool parked at Crook i wonder if it has replaced the other Parrys Vanhool GIB 206.

It will in time - GIB206 has been sold but is still working for Weardale as I type this. The Astron is question is YJ11AOE and it is some machine I must say. The E200 has been returned and was on a free loan while work was carried out to various members of the Solo fleet. I am told that a Streetlite Hybrid is also destined on demonstration to Weardale in the coming weeks.
(12 Apr 2014, 6:47 pm)RGR756V wrote It will in time - GIB206 has been sold but is still working for Weardale as I type this. The Astron is question is YJ11AOE and it is some machine I must say. The E200 has been returned and was on a free loan while work was carried out to various members of the Solo fleet. I am told that a Streetlite Hybrid is also destined on demonstration to Weardale in the coming weeks.

That's very interesting
(12 Apr 2014, 6:47 pm)RGR756V wrote It will in time - GIB206 has been sold but is still working for Weardale as I type this. The Astron is question is YJ11AOE and it is some machine I must say. The E200 has been returned and was on a free loan while work was carried out to various members of the Solo fleet. I am told that a Streetlite Hybrid is also destined on demonstration to Weardale in the coming weeks.

Being ex Parrys it will be superbly high spec!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Just out of interest, does anyone know if GNEs contract with Weardale for the storage of the Pronto Presidents and OK Way MPDs is going to continue? Just a thought. Chester has room (there WOULD be more if those National Express coaches weren't there Dodgy) to fit them in when they come to Chester for maintenance. Also, any ideas if Weardale will receive any of the Palatine 2s when they finally get phased out of the GNE fleet?
(11 May 2014, 7:36 pm)Marcus wrote Just out of interest, does anyone know if GNEs contract with Weardale for the storage of the Pronto Presidents and OK Way MPDs is going to continue? Just a thought. Chester has room (there WOULD be more if those National Express coaches weren't there Dodgy) to fit them in when they come to Chester for maintenance. Also, any ideas if Weardale will receive any of the Palatine 2s when they finally get phased out of the GNE fleet?

They sign a contract on a yearly basis I understand, I'm sure Weardale are happy to keep them there it's mainly the GNE end I'd be bothered about.
Not sure whether the DCC contracts have an age limit (don't think they do) but those Leyland Olympians won't go on forever so the Volvo's would be a decent buy, after all they're well looked after and Weardale bought some of the previous batch.

(11 May 2014, 7:39 pm)tyresmoke wrote They sign a contract on a yearly basis I understand, I'm sure Weardale are happy to keep them there it's mainly the GNE end I'd be bothered about.
Not sure whether the DCC contracts have an age limit (don't think they do) but those Leyland Olympians won't go on forever so the Volvo's would be a decent buy, after all they're well looked after and Weardale bought some of the previous batch.

I think Independents take greater care in their vehicles, to them a bus is like a person (literally, as they rely on them to bring in the money), and to large companies that span across several regions, a bus is just a number on a list.
Hi i would say Weardale will no doubt buy some more deckers from GNE as over they years they have bought Atlanteans Metrobuses and Olympians as well as the Volvos and possible a Queen Mary driver Trainer from Northern but that is before my time.Anyone know if the new 14 reg Volvo has replaced a Coach or just added to the fleet and the Dennis Javelin now carries the reg T66 WMS.
From June 2nd Weardale will operate Service 111 Spennymoor - Willington on Saturdays.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt2/111.pdf

Scarlet Band will continue to operate the service Monday to Fridays.

Service 115 will probably interwork with Service 111 on Saturdays now.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt2/115.pdf
(23 May 2014, 2:48 pm)Jimmi wrote From June 2nd Weardale will operate Service 111 Spennymoor - Willington on Saturdays.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt2/111.pdf

Scarlet Band will continue to operate the service Monday to Fridays.

Service 115 will probably interwork with Service 111 on Saturdays now.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt2/115.pdf

what bus will weardale most likely use on 111
Jmoss
(01 Jun 2014, 3:55 pm)jaimz13 wrote what bus will weardale most likely use on 111

Erm...most likely an optare solo considering they use optare solos on the vast majority of their service work including the 7 and the 115, both of which run from Spennymoor, so when you think about it, it's not to difficult to work out, is it?
(01 Jun 2014, 4:33 pm)peter wrote Erm...most likely an optare solo considering they use optare solos on the vast majority of their service work including the 7 and the 115, both of which run from Spennymoor, so when you think about it, it's not to difficult to work out, is it?

seems abit daft only doing 111 on Saturday only
Jmoss
(02 Jun 2014, 2:55 pm)jaimz13 wrote seems abit daft only doing 111 on Saturday only

Contracted to DCC as Scarlet Band don't want to run it on a Saturday any more, I assume.

(02 Jun 2014, 3:22 pm)tyresmoke wrote Contracted to DCC as Scarlet Band don't want to run it on a Saturday any more, I assume.

fair enough but if it was me id share the weekly service with them to let scarlet band still run half 111 mix with 110 and weardale do other half 111 mixed with 115 Monday to Saturday
Jmoss
(05 Jun 2014, 7:40 pm)Kuyoyo wrote It's a Panther 3

I thought it was. The photo caption says it's a 2, hence why I got a bit confused Rolleyes
(05 Jun 2014, 7:46 pm)Adam wrote I thought it was. The photo caption says it's a 2, hence why I got a bit confused Rolleyes

Caption also says its a B12B - despite the B12B ending production when the Euro5 engines arrived.