You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Wrestling
(22 Mar 2015, 10:01 am)MrFozz wrote While I dont see that happening, if it did pan out that way, Would going that path...charging Rey with Manslaughter...would that not set quite a dangerous precedent in sport...

The place Rey Mysyerio is in right now must be horrible, must be close to being in hell at the moment
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/world/pro...ored-video

If look at the Video after Suicide shoved him whilst leaning on the Second Rope, Aguayos throat then Bounces off the bottom rope as a result of the shove, Now from what I have read on the above link Aquayo died of trauma to the Neck and a Cervical Fracture, could the impact of his head and neck bouncing off the bottom rope cause such damage, Mysterio then comes over to check on Aguayo and says whatever to the official and leaves him leaning on the bottom rope, with rope visibly rubbing against his throat possibly causing further damage, meanwhile the guy on the outside with towel walks past Aguayo says something in his ear before eventually checking he is alright and the match continues on for a further 2 Minutes before realising there was something clearly wrong, either way you look at it all involved are at fault here and tragically Aguayo died as a result of there carelessness for his health and wellfare.
Marxista Fozzski
(22 Mar 2015, 10:51 pm)Malarkey wrote http://www.opposingviews.com/i/world/pro...ored-video

If look at the Video after Suicide shoved him whilst leaning on the Second Rope, Aguayos throat then Bounces off the bottom rope as a result of the shove, Now from what I have read on the above link Aquayo died of trauma to the Neck and a Cervical Fracture, could the impact of his head and neck bouncing off the bottom rope cause such damage, Mysterio then comes over to check on Aguayo and says whatever to the official and leaves him leaning on the bottom rope, with rope visibly rubbing against his throat possibly causing further damage, meanwhile the guy on the outside with towel walks past Aguayo says something in his ear before eventually checking he is alright and the match continues on for a further 2 Minutes before realising there was something clearly wrong, either way you look at it all involved are at fault here and tragically Aguayo died as a result of there carelessness for his health and wellfare.
I still dont know what to make of it to be honest, there is a lot of ifs, buts and maybes. Had there been a doctor or medic at ringside, it may have been noticed quicker, as from accounts up to now, the events medics were dealing with another wrestler injured in an earlier match, which is why he was carried on a piece of plywood.

If anyone has questions to answer in my opinion it is those in charge of the event, for Rey Mysterio he will be feeling bad enough already, he will have it on his conscience for the rest of his life, I just cannot see past a tragic accident, if I did not any different, I would say he was selling it on the ropes, of course we sadly know different now.

To bring manslaughter charges in my opinion sets a dangerous precedent in these cases, sadly it is a tragic accident and I hope lessons will be learnt from it
I think Mr Lesnar is gone after Mania judging my Heymans Promo, there was just something about that wink at the end before Reigns came out, must of had a twitchy eye.
(24 Mar 2015, 3:12 am)Malarkey wrote I think Mr Lesnar is gone after Mania judging my Heymans Promo, there was just something about that wink at the end before Reigns came out, must of had a twitchy eye.
Well how wrong was I, Brock Lesnar has signed a New Multi Year Contract with WWE, And has said he would never return to MMA in an Interview on ESPN.

ESPN Interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb0vkztzR2c
(25 Mar 2015, 8:44 pm)Malarkey wrote Well how wrong was I, Brock Lesnar has signed a New Multi Year Contract with WWE, And has said he would never return to MMA in an Interview on ESPN.

ESPN Interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb0vkztzR2c
Vince has had no choice imo. First time in decades that he's been backed into a corner, because really who are the big names? Orton and Brock imo. Sting, HHH and Taker are in that too obviously, but are all on limited appearances.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(25 Mar 2015, 8:47 pm)aureolin wrote Vince has had no choice imo. First time in decades that he's been backed into a corner, because really who are the big names? Orton and Brock imo. Sting, HHH and Taker are in that too obviously, but are all on limited appearances.

You can also throw John Cena into the mix but you're right, who are the big names? 

While signing Brock to a multi-year deal will certainly be good for business, it's still a short-term solution in the long-run. WWE have failed to elevate anyone for years now. A few have been on the verge of breaking the glass ceiling but WWE keep getting cold feet for one reason or another. 

They need to pull the trigger on someone otherwise they'll be in big trouble a few years down the line.
(25 Mar 2015, 11:02 pm)MurdnunoC wrote You can also throw John Cena into the mix but you're right, who are the big names? 

While signing Brock to a multi-year deal will certainly be good for business, it's still a short-term solution in the long-run. WWE have failed to elevate anyone for years now. A few have been on the verge of breaking the glass ceiling but WWE keep getting cold feet for one reason or another. 

They need to pull the trigger on someone otherwise they'll be in big trouble a few years down the line.

From a personal point of view, I think Reigns although he dont deserve it, Rollins, Rusev and Bray Wyatt are the ones have been getting massive pushes over the past year, Wyatts promos have been awesome to watch on The Undertaker in the past month, Rollins since the break up of The Shield has been with out a doubt the breakout star and has been great to watch both in the ring and on the microphone, Rusev has been built up to be the Unstoppable Monster Heel that he should be.

The likes of Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Cesaro and Stardust(As Cody Rhodes) should be the ones getting massive pushes, and should be in the Main Event picture, Barrett and Cody Rhodes, Rhodes particularly should of been World Champion by now, with Cena and Orton elevating them up to that level.
Here is my Top 10: Wrestling Themes

1.) Chris Jericho - King of my World - Saliva
2.) Edge - Metalingus - Alter Bridge
3.) Stone Cold Steve Austin - Glass Shattered - Disturbed
4.) CM Punk - This Fire Burns - Killswitch Engage
5.) CM Punk - Cult of Personality - Living Colour
6.) Jeff Hardy - No More Words - Endeverafter
7.) The Undertaker - Rollin - Limp Bizkit
8.) The Undertaker - Big Evil 
9.) The Rock - Hollywood
10.) Evolution - Line in the Sand - Motorhead
In no particular order:

1) Demolition - Demolition - Rick Derringer
2) Jake the Snake Roberts - Snake Bite - Jim Johnson
3) Sting - Crow/Sting (1996-99) - Jimmy Hart
4) Magnum Tokyo - Tokyo Go! - John Robinson
5) Papa Shango - The Shango Tango - Jim Johnson
6) Sandman - Enter Sandman - Metallica
7) Nation of Domination - Nation of Domination - Jim Johnson
8) Matt Hardy - Live for the Moment - Monster Magnet
9) The Pitbulls (ECW) - Thunder Kiss '65 - White Zombie
10) nWo (original theme) - Rockhouse - Frank Shelly
I dont know about anyone else, but I wont be stopping up to watch Wrestlemania 31 Tonight due to having an Interview tomorrow Afternoon, I will instead be watching it when I get back home tomorrow evening, so I shall nicely ask that nobody posts the results of the ppv as I dont want to know, would rather watch it and see what surprises are in store.
Marxista Fozzski
(29 Mar 2015, 1:29 pm)Malarkey wrote I dont know about anyone else, but I wont be stopping up to watch Wrestlemania 31 Tonight due to having an Interview tomorrow Afternoon, I will instead be watching it when I get back home tomorrow evening, so I shall nicely ask that nobody posts the results of the ppv as I dont want to know, would rather watch it and see what surprises are in store.
I decided to have an hour about 7pm last night, and set my alarm to wake about 11pm if I slept for that long, I slept through the alarm, lol and woke up at 6am this morning

I do know the results...I wont tell you Malarkey as I am also gonna watch it later...gonna watch the Hall of Fame first Big Grin
(30 Mar 2015, 7:41 am)aureolin wrote Speaking of themes... can anyone remember Alex Wright's in WCW? Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CptGKRHazRg

Aye. Alex Wright and his dancing were wonderfully odious. Never really understood the Berlyn gimmick. The wall had been down for nearly a decade at that point in time.

Magnum Tokyo was with Wright and Disco for a month or so circa 1997-98. I wonder if that influenced his gimmick in some way?
(30 Mar 2015, 8:01 am)MrFozz wrote Never watched WCW...

What was his gimmick...looks like he was trying to look like he was in a boyband in the early 90's Big Grin

Alex Wright was 'Das Wunderkid' at this point of his career.

His gimmick, if you can call it that, was that he was a happy, youthful German who liked to move his arms in time to his theme. Initially, he was a babyface jobber who was either subjected to indifference or jeered because of his cheerful disposition. WCW realised he came across as disingenious - much like Bo Dallas - and started booking him as a heel with more success.

He went on to form a tag-team with Disco Inferno (and briefly a trio with Magnum Tokyo) named the Dancing Fools. WCW then decided to take off-screen for a few months and repackage him as Berlyn (He had an entourage consisting of a bodyguard named The Wall and a couple of others whom I can't place from the top of my head) before reverting back to his Alex Wright moniker shortly after. He reunited with Disco - this time as The Boogie Knights - and remained with WCW more or less until its demise.  

He was alright, nothing special, but solid. Don't know what he's doing now. He pretty much vanished after WCW went bust.
And here's the debut (or re-debut) of Berlyn in WCW.

Might as well move the thread onto the topic of wrestling debuts - your favourite, most memorable, the strangest, the worst etc...
I'll put a spoiler on here, because the creative team spoilt it for most people last night.

How to ruin a great match? Sting vs HHH? Oh I dunno... lets invite a load of has-been's along, in the form of DX and the NWO...

Good match other than that.
(30 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm)aureolin wrote I'll put a spoiler on here, because the creative team spoilt it for most people last night.

How to ruin a great match? Sting vs HHH? Oh I dunno... lets invite a load of has-been's along, in the form of DX and the NWO...

Not your friend anymore Adrian, up to Sting vs HHH now, is it just me or does HHH have lobsided nipples.
(30 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm)aureolin wrote I'll put a spoiler on here, because the creative team spoilt it for most people last night.

It's ironic that two of those people out there supposedly to defend WCW shoulder some of the blame for its eventual demise. 
(30 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm)MurdnunoC wrote It's ironic that two of those people out there supposedly to defend WCW shoulder some of the blame for its eventual demise. 

That and the fact Sting spent the best part of two years terrorising the NWO whilst in WCW. Oh wait, that Xpac guy was in the NWO around the time too. Not to mention WWE TV acknowledging that the clique existed even recently.
(30 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm)aureolin wrote That and the fact Sting spent the best part of two years terrorising the NWO whilst in WCW. Oh wait, that Xpac guy was in the NWO around the time too. Not to mention WWE TV acknowledging that the clique existed even recently.

Better still, although Sting was in nWo Wolfpack with Nash, he was never aligned with either Hogan or Hall.

Aside from being HHH best bud for a number of years, Shawn Michaels also played a pivotal role in DX? Just like Syxx's role in the nWo - that was conveniently brushed aside too.